• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Such an odd case. They make it sound as if a junkie spilled his stash, or poisoned them. But all the junkies ive seen dont share for free. Much less willingly share enough to hurt that many people. Seems like it would take alot of meth to do that.
    I have a feeling this had something to do with all the drugs being shipped out of China. If they found some inside sealed packets of soy sauce it hints to me this happened at the soy packets factory. I bet a kilo being smuggled got busted and mixed into the soy it was being shipped with. That would explain how there was enough in them to actually hurt many people while it's diluted.
    So the restaurant likely had nothing to do with it. Heck they prolly would have got a ton of new customers showing up for a free high lol.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The article says that the unopened packets tested positive as well. No way this was the fault of the restaurant IMO. Sucks because there is no way the media will come back and say "not their fault" or try to make it right. Even if it was found out to be a total fake, their name is still tainted and it would be difficult for them to come back under the same name. For the record, I've never eaten there so I have no clue if it's worth a crap.

Damn media makes everything such a big deal and everyone is guilty until proven innocent and they never come back with the same tenacity to set the story straight. Should be a law in place that they have to give the same air time to correcting misinformation as they did spreading it in the first place. Ha, Ha...

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I didn't see how they could survive this regardless of fault. Anyone know more about where/what the new place will be? I assume it will be something similar under a different name? Another restaurant will probably never succeed in that old location either b/c of this.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    You'd think this would spur a nationwide Health department alert of some sort and recall the soy that was found to be tainted.
    I also hope they actually shipped the stuff off to be lab tested properly before declaring it to be any certain drug. I've seen video online where those field test kits the cops use will show a fake positive for basically any type of a sweet dropped into them like candy and even some cotton candy in one case. I wonder if any changes were made to the test kits

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought I’d read some stranger came in with chef uniform. Pretending to work there before eventually getting run out.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Last I saw on the case was a while back with a guy from some department basically saying since the cameras was down they can't do anything.
    I wonder how police work was done before cameras? Hmmmmm lol

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    You'd think this would spur a nationwide Health department alert of some sort and recall the soy that was found to be tainted.
    I also hope they actually shipped the stuff off to be lab tested properly before declaring it to be any certain drug. I've seen video online where those field test kits the cops use will show a fake positive for basically any type of a sweet dropped into them like candy and even some cotton candy in one case. I wonder if any changes were made to the test kits
    NOT TRUE !

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    NOT TRUE !
    What part of what I said?
    If you're referring to the test kits, it was on the news. I didn't make it up. How real are the stories? I dunno but sounds like a thing.
    Here's a link. I'll let you decide...

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    What part of what I said?
    If you're referring to the test kits, it was on the news. I didn't make it up. How real are the stories? I dunno but sounds like a thing.
    Here's a link. I'll let you decide...

I used them for years in my daily work. They are formulated to react to the actual chemical compound you are testing for. After initial field testing, the substance still gets Gas Spectrometer tested for positive I.D. and Chemical Structure.

It's YOUTUBE, and the (NEWS)??.

NOTHING on either holds any merit.... BS!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Well, I don't wanna argue with ya. I'm just saying this is known issue. Just about all of the (NEWS) channels have a story about it online.
    Check for yourself. Scroll and read them all.
    Then watch this from and actual news reporter...

He even explains the issue. These tests many times yes work how they should and do give positives for drugs. But they also show positives for many other things, apparently cotton candy even being one as you saw above. If I was you is test it with things they say show false positives and see for yourself. I'd like to know what they say also.
    Next is how many are supposed to show x color for x drug. But there's literally 50 shades that any person can see depending on their eyes. The colors also range alot. So many aren't as of clear indicator as it seems. Who's to say it dark or ligh purple or blue?
    Lastly, how long does it take to send it off for a lab result? I assume the people sit in jail during this period until the results come back, after the feild test shows positive right? Is this days? Weeks? Months? What kind of time are we talking here?
    The reason myself I got concerned about it all is because I did alot of sheetrock. I'd have clumps of it all thru my vehicles lol. I heard that even tested as a false with one guy.
    Maybe it depends on the brands of tests sold too? I dunno.
    I just wish there was one that gives more conclusive results, like a pregnancy test even has. They'll at least show two lines, a yes or no.
    So they should have something with an actual + or - and not leave room for error with colors.
    But yeah don't blame me, I'm just relaying the message lol

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I used them for years in my daily work. They are formulated to react to the actual chemical compound you are testing for. After initial field testing, the substance still gets Gas Spectrometer tested for positive I.D. and Chemical Structure.

It's YOUTUBE, and the (NEWS)??.

NOTHING on either holds any merit.... BS!
    Hey Mr Cognitive Dissonance you go trust your science all by yourself ok because that false positive crap happened to me personally. I ain't ever done drugs in my life not once and I tested positive with a field test kit. I raised hell on Earth to keep my job and then went the same day and paid for my own test at the lab and it happened to be the same lab that the company had sent my test to and the lab called me personally and told me what was going on and then schooled me on how those field test kits work and told me that there was drugs in the room where I was tested at work and that made me go positive, drugs in the same room... and the field test kit was so sensitive it picked up the drugs in the room. I proved I was negative and I got to keep my job. I had a lawsuit and I should have took it

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Hey Mr Cognitive Dissonance you go trust your science all by yourself ok because that false positive crap happened to me personally. I ain't ever done drugs in my life not once and I tested positive with a field test kit. I raised hell on Earth to keep my job and then went the same day and paid for my own test at the lab and it happened to be the same lab that the company had sent my test to and the lab called me personally and told me what was going on and then schooled me on how those field test kits work and told me that there was drugs in the room where I was tested at work and that made me go positive, drugs in the same room... and the field test kit was so sensitive it picked up the drugs in the room. I proved I was negative and I got to keep my job. I had a lawsuit and I should have took it
    Okee Dokee

Top Bottom