• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man Stops Grizzly Attack with 25 Cal Beretta Jetfire
    You don’t have to have a big gun if you think fast.
    This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter by a man against a fierce predator.
    What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?

While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my girlfriend we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!
    Just one shot to my girlfriend's knee cap was all it took…….the bear got her and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
    It's one of the best pistols in my collection……...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That works better than bells and pepper spray.

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter. They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge. Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away. It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat. Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man Stops Grizzly Attack with 25 Cal Beretta Jetfire
    You don’t have to have a big gun if you think fast.
    This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter by a man against a fierce predator.
    What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?

While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my girlfriend we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!
    Just one shot to my girlfriend's knee cap was all it took…….the bear got her and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
    It's one of the best pistols in my collection……...

Almost pissed my pants when I got to the knee shot! I was thinking it was a true story until then. NICE!!

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am surprised the 25 cal. could even take out a knee cap.

I was told by a policeman in Gulfport, Ms that prior to 1980, .22 and .25 caliber was used in the majority of deadly shootings. I was also once told that a biker who was shot with a .25 took the pistol away from the shooter and stuffed it almost all the way down the shooter's throat.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was told by a policeman in Gulfport, Ms that prior to 1980, .22 and .25 caliber was used in the majority of deadly shootings. I was also once told that a biker who was shot with a .25 took the pistol away from the shooter and stuffed it almost all the way down the shooter's throat.

A Marine Buddy Frank, told me his worse ass whooping game from a neanderthal biker (Frank was a Biker too). The biker had beat Frank pretty good and tossed him. Frank finally had time to pull a .25 APC (I don't know what type) and got off a few shots but the biker kept coming and soon after Frank was out. He said he spent two weeks in the Naval Hospital and light duty for a month. No charges, gun never found, Inkeeper told Frank he gave the Bike bar towels for a shot in the leg and two in the belly. Back then you could buy a Harley for $2k and you could survive a few indiscretions and still have a career in the Corp. This was in Oceanside CA.

Semper Fi,
    WR

Top Bottom