• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Picked up an M&P 9c and love the feel of it in my hands. The size is somewhere between the Glock 26 & Glock 19 and feels right at home in my small hands. It has interchangeablee backstraps and I am using the medium sized one.

It came in the typical Smith & Wesson carry case with extra tools and locks. I also got a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster with it. It was very clean and well packaged. I put 200 rounds though it at the local range. I was impressed with the light and crisp trigger on the M&P 9c. The model that I have is unable to fire with the magazine removed. I can fix that but will leave it in for now.

The gun shoots like it is supposed to shoot. It is simple yet robust. It's low bore axis makes it easy to shoot accurately. It is small enough to place in a jacket pocket and keep it out of view. I need to invest in a IWB holster though.

The gun shoots very kindly, I put 200 round down range and never had a single failure. It shoots as accurate as I can shoot. I am no expert but I can hold my own in IDPA so I would consider it a great shooter.

Love the size, love the feel, Made in America!

Last edited:

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm thinking about picking up one myself, its definitely my top choice as an alternative to the Glock.

I also like how S&W actually listens to the consumer market.

I've heard the Apex trigger kit makes it even better.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I heard a lot of gripes about the trigger but I have to say that it is pretty good. Also, I have been a Glock fan for years and I am now an M&P guy for sure. I like the grip better and maybe it is just in my head but the bore axis seems lower. The gun feels like it is an extension of my hand. It points very naturally a lot like XD's.

This model, although the compact, is a little bigger then the Glock 26 and closer to a Glock 19 in height. I have no problem with this at all, it just works for me. I recommend one to anyone thinking about picking it up.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When you get to looking to spend some more money, the Apex Tactical trigger parts are great. I did the DCAEK and RAM on my full size... then had to do it with my compact. Much better trigger and the reset was much more crisp and pronounced. Easy install too.

Oh, I can get you new ones too.:thumb:

glock

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out deadeyeluke.com for your IWB holster. I have one for my keltec p11 and it is awesome.

Top Bottom