Looking for something like a Tec 22, but works.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miami_JBT

Expert
    Was bidding on a td charger but lost by $5, lol. I'll snag one eventually. Will try to win a td model because I want to chop and thread the barrel to 3 inch or 4.5 inch. Seems like would it would be less Hassel than a fixed barrel. Knowing me ill get the jackhammer too for a fun can toy.
    Don't really "need" the charger 22 because I have the 15-22P 8 inch. May look into getting a shorter barrel for it.
    Removing a barrel from a non-takedown model is easy. The 10/22 barrel is mounted with this v-block and two screws. You can easily swap barrels.

1726058111536.png

1726058039808.png

1726058050425.png

1726058137393.png

1726058157100.png

The non-takedown model give you better accuracy too.

Attachments

• 1726058192926.png
      1726058192926.png
      58.6 KB · Views: 8

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Removing a barrel from a non-takedown model is easy. The 10/22 barrel is mounted with this v-block and two screws. You can easily swap barrels.

View attachment 503881

View attachment 503879

View attachment 503880

View attachment 503882

View attachment 503883

The non-takedown model give you better accuracy too.
    Ok. Well I learned something good. I can do that. I figured it was a press in.
    Well a non td is an option now. I'll look for a 3-5 inch threaded barrel too.

Snake-Eyes

Master

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    You could just take good measurements once you have the OEM setup in-hand, then send the barrel only to these guys:

$75 and they’ll cut & thread to whatever length you want.
    They will not thread tapered barrels. Need to look at some charger barrels.
    If the 22/45 works with a 3 inch barrel I'm assuming the charger would too? Can would add some gas.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Man, you're really making it hard on yourself. The Ruger Charger is cheap, reliable, has a ton of after-market options for barrels, stocks, etc... and has a ton of cheap and reliable magazines and drums.

The drum alone for that Jackhammer costs more than a Ruger Charger.
    You weren't kidding. Every part available in 10 different colors. Stocks etc. I can't even find a barrel for the 15-22P to cut.

tnkrstoyco

Shooter
    For the Charger, it is a waste of time. The non-takedown model is pretty much a TEC-22 that isn't crap.

Look at the layout of a TEC-22.

View attachment 503061

Here's a non-takedown Charger.

View attachment 503062

And the best part, it isn't expensive, it runs, and it is compact as is. The locking system for the takedowns are somewhat finicky on the accuracy department.

A standard 10/22 already has an easy to swap out barrel design.

Amazing aftermarket support and a great supply of Ruger made mags too that are bombproof reliable.

I've had a Tec-22 the original one called Scorpion since the 80's, never had a problem with it and it still shoots like new.

gfb46

Shooter
    Here's my plaything. Ruger Charger with a folding stock. Last year when all the brace debacle was going on and Uncle Sam gave you a free period to file for SBR's without a charge I went ahead and did all the paperwork. Ended up costing $60 for the engraving of my name and City I live in. I've already had two silencers, so the "man" knows pretty much everything about me. Back in 1970 I also had a Top-Secret clearance when I was in the Marines. My theory is, they know me, why hide it. This thing is a blast to shoot with the SilencerCo Sparrow and very accurate. SBR 1.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Here's my plaything. Ruger Charger with a folding stock. Last year when all the brace debacle was going on and Uncle Sam gave you a free period to file for SBR's without a charge I went ahead and did all the paperwork. Ended up costing $60 for the engraving of my name and City I live in. I've already had two silencers, so the "man" knows pretty much everything about me. Back in 1970 I also had a Top-Secret clearance when I was in the Marines. My theory is, they know me, why hide it. This thing is a blast to shoot with the SilencerCo Sparrow and very accurate. View attachment 504271
    Looks that cat can protect himself! Very nice build. What stock is that? Does it have enough clearance around it to fit a 1 inch can?
    ***** Started a build thread over in the pistol forum. **** jump in.

Last edited:

Klugey1

Shooter
    If you have any old AR parts in the parts bin, the CMMG 22LR bolt converter is excellent. I had a stripped lower and a stupid 7.5" 223 barrel ('stupid', because loud and slow 223 bullets = kinda useless). I picked up a few Black Dog 22LR AR magazines from the local pawn shop for $10. You don't have to do this, but I also added a 1913 picatinny stock adapter for $50, and now this AR22 pistol is a folder. 1/2x28 threaded barrel and a 22LR suppressor make this a hoot.
    IMG_1646.jpegIMG_1644.jpeg

Top Bottom