• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking for a scope for my 44mag. Any suggestions on what to buy that can withstand the recoil??? (I've already bought weaver scope mount)If you have a scope that you're looking to sell that will work please let me know that too.
    Thanks
    BTW: Great site. Getting kinda addictive

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that I saw Sawman (might have been someone else) post some leupold pistol / scout scopes up a while back on that other site. Maybe they are still around..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sorry gents....no pistol scopes. I have three Leupolds that I have been trying to sell but all three are rifle scopes. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Most scopes that are designed for pistols will stand up to the recoil,torque,and pure inertia,of a high powered handgun. I would stay away from the $79. NcStar's and the other (IMO)POS scopes. Remember,with all optics you usually get what you pay for. On my Lone Eagle 243Win hunting handgun I have a Bushnell 3200 Elite 2-6X. It has been a fine scope so far and has been on the gun for about 50 full power loads.

I believe that you certainly can't go wrong with a Leupold 2X LER pistol scope. You can usually find them used for around $150. The 2X scopes are the "norm" for pistol hunting,for revo's and the guns that are used for the bow hunting ranges. Saaaaay ladder stands at <50yds. The above gun is a true 200yd hunter so I need a little more power.

Using a pistol scope(LER),to me,is quite a chore. The crosshairs is so damed small/thin. I can't understand why no one wont make different reticle patters for us handgun hunters. If Leupold would put their heavy duplex that is used in their rifle scopes,in their pistol scopes,I would swoop one or two up. --- SAWMAN

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the informative reply sawman. That's why I like this site - great info from guys that know their shi... stuff.

Top Bottom