• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone,

Im new here and I was hoping I could get some help. I was in the seabees from 2006-2014. I've had three tours to Afghanistan and I was discharged honorably due to the military downsizing under Obama. My last team I was with had 25 Sig 226's made and I was lucky enough to get one.

Unfortunately, after the military, I ran into a lot of financial problems and had to pawn my gun just to make ends meet. Since then, I've put myself in a much better place and I'm hoping I can find my gun.

Like I said it's a Sig226, it has NMCB 133 on one side of the slide and it has "first in, last out" on the other side. Im paraphrasing that last part. Its been 5 years since I've last seen it.

If anybody knows where I can find it, I would greatly appreciate it. I wish I didn't have to get rid of it in the first place, but my family comes first and I did what I had to. This gun means so much to me. Please help me find it.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    IF you have the serial # or if the pawn shop will give it to you you might be able to track it down that way ?

Jodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have the serial anymore. But I did try that a few years back when i did have it and the only way they could give me that info is if I reported stolen

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    I don't have the serial anymore. But I did try that a few years back when i did have it and the only way they could give me that info is if I reported stolen
    And they still wouldn't give you the info. They communicate with leo only.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand that this man would like his gun back, but would like it if the FFL you do business with gave your information to folks that ask for it? I wouldn’t , I’d be mad as hell if the FFL disclosed any information about me or what I bought . (The you is generic .)

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Op, I’ve found that money is a great motivator, consider offering $200 more than the pistol is worth, that might Just get ever who bought its attention.

Jodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im more than willing to pay. Just want to find it first

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you know the store, and roughly when you pawned it, then they should be able to find the record of who they sold it to. They sure as hell shouldn't be giving out the buyer's info to you, but I don't see why they couldn't reach out to the buyer on your behalf.

If all they have is an address off a driver's license or something, perhaps you could type up a letter, with whatever info you're willing to share to whomever lives there now. ***Expressly state that you have no idea who bought it, but you are writing this letter and giving it to the Pawn Shop to send on your behalf. The buyer can choose to not respond, and therefore remain anonymous.***. Maybe offer to trade them a new 226 for your used old one, plus whatever extras.

Provide that letter and an envelope with a postage stamp on it to the Pawn Shop owner.

All the owner has to do is read it, add whatever handwritten remarks they'd like, seal it, address it, and drop it in the mail.

If there's something illegal about that in the FFL rules, maybe one of the FFL holders here could chime in.

Good luck in your search.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Man, I hope someone sees your appeal here or elsewhere and you can buy it back. Wonder if there is some obscure group on facebook for the Pensacola area you might try posting on. Although I don't know if I would. Just trying to think of platforms with the most reach possible.

Jodo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I've been trying. I was in a couple groups in Facebook but they shut their page down

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don’t think the pawnshop will help you.
    A year or two ago I bought a gun at a pawnshop and turns out the son of the owner pawned it without his knowledge. It had sentimental value.
    He found me thru this forum and I sold it back to him. I know how it is to lose a sentimental gun.
    He tried to get my info thru the shop but no help. Probably a liability issue.
    Put an ad on Florida Gun Trader, Armslist and FB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom