A-davis

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Price
    Item Location
    Baker
    I have finally joined the world of night vision. I am looking for my very first IR laser combo with light.
    Send me what you might be willing to traded or sell please!

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

A-davis

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate it but 2k is an out of my budget right now after buying dual tubes NVG

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you haven't already bought one of the "cheap" IR flashlights from Amazon, start there. You may be amazed at how good they are. Now the PEQ clones are basically toys, but a basic hand flashlight is always useful.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I appreciate it but 2k is an out of my budget right now after buying dual tubes NVG
    I went with PERST - but that was before the war and embargo.

I recently picked up a little holosun unit from a member here - it works well for what it is. Do you have a price limit in mind? It will help members know what to offer up.

A-davis

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you haven't already bought one of the "cheap" IR flashlights from Amazon, start there. You may be amazed at how good they are. Now the PEQ clones are basically toys, but a basic hand flashlight is always useful.
    That’s what I been hesitant on buying I was worried about keeping zero and holding up. I will be running it on 556

A-davis

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went with PERST - but that was before the war and embargo.

I recently picked up a little holosun unit from a member here - it works well for what it is. Do you have a price limit in mind? It will help members know what to offer up.
    I was looking at the holosun units and was impressed on YouTube how they are holding up. I edited the post for my about price range.
    How do you like the PERST.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I was looking at the holosun units and was impressed on YouTube how they are holding up. I edited the post for my about price range.
    How do you like the PERST.
    I love them. Got them for under $500 a unit for Green and I think 400 for Red. They throw so much IR, the halo on target can be a bit much Especially indoors (My garage) - the whole room lights up even on low settings.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That’s what I been hesitant on buying I was worried about keeping zero and holding up. I will be running it on 556
    Don't buy the cheap "airsoft" PEQ knockoffs. Now, I will tell you that the lasers certainly work, but they are basically toys. I also tried the Streamlight TLR-VIR II which is suitable for pistols but not rifles. For a pistol the VIR II is great, but beyond realistic pistol range / 25 yards forget it.

A-davis

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't buy the cheap "airsoft" PEQ knockoffs. Now, I will tell you that the lasers certainly work, but they are basically toys. I also tried the Streamlight TLR-VIR II which is suitable for pistols but not rifles. For a pistol the VIR II is great, but beyond realistic pistol range / 25 yards forget it.
    Thank you I am just gonna have to save up and get a good one.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I personally like the Streamlight tlr/vir II, but the range is limited. I love my perst 4, but I bought it before the Russian embargo and crazy prices. And you have to be careful with buying used persts, because of the Chinese clones…although I’ve heard some favorable reviews on some of them for the price point. A good IR Illuminator is harder to find than an ir laser. FP laser illuminators are hard to come by and mostly expensive grey market items. FP illuminators can also be too bright inside, even on lower settings, depending on your range/environment. Luna makes a nice quality illuminator that has an adjustable beam, nice long rage illuminator, but almost a laser when adjusted down. Pair it with a surefire vampire and you have a bulky but effective tool, that’s not too expensive. The VIR II laser also works well with the surefire vampire for extended range, but there isn’t a pressure switch on the VIR II., so you have to turn them on individually

Top Bottom