• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil222

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    New to the area and am still checking out the local stores (generally in Fort Walton and Milton).

I’ve spent a good bit of time at Gulf Coast Guns in Milton and Jimmys in FWB.

I’m looking for that out of the way store where I might run into old steel and wood as I’m not usually in the market for modern stuff.

The one thing I miss in New Jersey is the small store where I found old Mausers, a 1903 built in 1918 and an occasional British Enfield.

Any suggestions of stores that I should check out?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For what you described, here’s a +1 for Trade Winds.
    You should budget some time to browse, and chat with Miles.
    Bring a list of what you’re looking for, and ask him. You might be surprised what is on-site but not easily visible.

Trade Winds Pawn and Gun
    6243 Gulf Breeze Pkwy
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32563

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Also, you should stop by Navarre Guns and Ammo while you can. Might have something you’re looking for.
    Unfortunately, it’s going out of business by 30 December.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I had forgot about Tradewinds and I have bought several guns in there. Definitely ask if there is something you are looking for, one I bought he went to the back room and dug around for a while and came up with it.

Neil222

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Outstanding suggestions. I’ll make it a point to stop by and check them out. I appreciate the help. Great forum.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    All good suggestions. I’ve only been in Uber’s once because it’s on the other side of town from me but the lady was super nice.
    I used to stop in Tradewinds quite often when my daughter lived in Midway but I don’t get down there much these days.
    Miles is a great guy but darn, I wish he would light up those cases. It’s hard to see what’s in there, especially with having to bend over to see. Take a flashlight with you. Seriously.
    A pet peeve of mine - tags turned over so you can’t see the price. When an employee puts a gun back in the case MAKE SURE THE PRICE IS VISIBLE. I’ve seen this in all shops.
    I will buy a gun on impulse in a second but that impulse will go away in a second too if I can’t see the price, especially if the shop is busy.

Ace123

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd recommend against Mike's Outdoor Sports based solely on the behavior of one of the salesmen. I've had issues with him every time I've went in. The other salesmen are great, but I no longer patronize the place. With the exception of their ammo prices, they're otherwise pretty decent.

Top Bottom