• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've got a Kimber Eclipse Target II that I'd like to have 'painted'.
    I've been doing some point and click research and Cerakote seems a very durable finish. Though there is some talk of chipping.

I'm thinking a 3 color "ABU camo" scheme. The gun was more or less purchased as a Be Nice To Myself present and I'm thinking about getting that ABU pattern applied in conjunction with my retirement from the Air Force. I do shoot the gun, putting between 150-200 rounds through it a month. While I'm entertaining getting into some (friendly) pistol matches I'm not sure I would use this gun for that.....yet That's a discussion I'll have in another thread some day......

Can anyone recommend a better coating to achieve that purpose? Or even the pro's and con's to coating in general?

Most important; can anyone recommend any local business that can do a quiality job? I live in Shalimar but am willing to travel a few hours to get to someone reputable. My own skills with al things "paint and glue" stop me from taking on this project myself. Perhaps if I were going with a single color.....but not this

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Top Bottom