Looking for a 3 stamp solution Eforms vs. Silencer shop. Individual vs. trust?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello all!

Newish to the Area, and I'm looking to finally get a can setup .45, 7.62, and 22.

This should handle everything I own. .45 to do my 9mm and .45 - want something light here though..
    7.62 to do my 5.56 and 7.62----Did have a question on this.. do I need a different can for 7.63x39?

I'm up near Molino, any suggestions on Dealers etc?

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you are going dedicated 22 can. A must, IMO, dirty ammo if nothing else.
    In general, your best result is going to come as your can and bullet diameter more closely match.
    I'll let others respond on the rest. It's been years since l bought one.

Your title asks about trusts. IMO critical to go trust. Some of the benefits have been deleted with last round of changes, but still good reason. PM if you want more info.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm so cheap I squeeze a dollar until the eagle grins :) . I don't have a .45 so what I did is buy a .30 cal can and seven Q,D, muzzle attachments. I took it to a machinist who bored it out a little and I use it on all of my AR's in 9mm, .5.56, and 300BLK, but for my .22 rimfire AR for sure you need a dedicated .22 can as the poster above said, also a big centerfire can is kind of ridiculous on a .22 rimfire. So I got away with only two stamps and I form 1'd the .22 can so it was dirt cheap. I went with a trust as I have multiple NFA items, it seemed like the way to go. Look at it this way, amazingly the feds have kept the same tax price and not increased it due to inflation. $200.00 in 1934 would be more like $4,362.00 today. Oops, hope they don't read this and get any ideas :eek:.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I went with a Trust myself, there are plenty of websites out there that weigh the pros and cons. For me, the biggest factor was my kids and allowing them the opportunity to handle some of my stuff, potentially without me there. Right now my 22 suppressor is in jail waiting on approval. I'm like you I originally wanted something that would do double, triple duty. I went with the Octane 45 to handle my 45,40 and 9. And, it would handle subsonic 300 Blackout. Suppression with 300 blkout subsonic ammo on the Octane was ok more on the mehh side. I wanted something better for my 300 so I went with the SPECWAR 7.62.
    All my stuff is older, but they all work. I'm not John Wick, so I don't need Hollywood quiet. I'm sure with the new advances in tech for the suppressor market there are better \ quieter options out there that may fit your needs.

Top Bottom