• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Inside job no doubt. Pretty sad that the teenagers dad who is the coroner is the one that found his son and parents bodies and called authorities.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Inside job no doubt. Pretty sad that the teenagers dad who is the coroner is the one that found his son and parents bodies and called authorities.

"Inside job"? I'm not too sure about that... could be.

I would not suspect an "inside" job in the traditional sense. I would think it was done by people who casually visited the store over time getting a plan together. Not their first rodeo perhaps?

Are you thinking because all were killed that perhaps someone close to them or known by them did it? I suppose that would be one investigative route.

Bottom line is hitting gun shops seems to be something that's increased over the past ten years. We had an older guy shot dead in the middle of the night and he laid in some people's front yard all night until they decided to call us. The dead guy had been illegally selling guns for YEARS to, let's say a certain class of clientele. Last I heard in the investigations, it was believed well over 100 AR15's and various pistols had been sold. His family was aware and his daughter told me they had warned him about selling guns to "those kind of people". Well, I guess his customers wanted more of a discount that night than he was willing to provide.

Sad indeed.

Last edited:

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "Inside job"? I'm not too sure about that... could be.

I would not suspect an "inside" job in the traditional sense. I would think it was done by people who casually visited the store over time getting a plan together. Not their first rodeo perhaps?

Are you thinking because all were killed that perhaps someone close to them or known by them did it? I suppose that would be one investigative route.

Bottom line is hitting gun shops seems to be something that's increased over the past ten years. We had an older guy shot dead in the middle of the night and he laid in some people's front yard all night until they decided to call us. The dead guy had been illegally selling guns for YEARS to, let's say a certain class of clientele. Last I heard in the investigations, it was believed well over 100 AR15's and various pistols had been sold. His family was aware and he daughter told me they had warned him about selling guns to "those kind of people". Well, I guess his customers wanted more of a discount that night than he was willing to provide.

Sad indeed.
    No I don’t think they were friends or family but definitely someone that was familiar with the place.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well whom ever it was sure didn't want any witnesses. Why didn't they just come back after the range was closed and break in without harm to anyone? Why did they think to go after the dvr? Who would think of doing that after they just killed 3 people? How did they know where the dvr was or was it made known at gunpoint? Was it one person or more? 40 guns is a lot to carry off. Did they just grab guns at random or did they select certain ones that they wanted like A/R's? That takes time. What if someone else drove up while they were deciding what they wanted to grab. If the 40 guns were in their cases they would not be out on display and would have to go looking for them which means more time. Was any money stolen from the cash register? These are questions I ask myself to reason out if the owner knew the person(s), were they a previous customer(s) or was this just a random act? I just read where a ATF agent gave his opinion that when this is over, the fact will come out that he was known to the owner/family. I wonder since they took so much time to do this did they steal ammo also? A lot of questions I'd love to hear the answers too. It's my understanding that this place is off the beaten path which adds even more questions to it. I read that the grandson was going to graduate high school next month. This hole thing is so sad. I can't even imagine how the guy feels that walked in and found his parents and son dead. I hope with all the latest technology and science they are able to solve this case and bring some closure to the rest of the family.

Last edited:

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well whom ever it was sure didn't want any witnesses. Why didn't they just come back after the range was closed and break in without harm to anyone? Why did they think to go after the dvr? Who would think of doing that after they just killed 3 people? How did they know where the dvr was or was it made known at gunpoint? Was it one person or more? 40 guns is a lot to carry off. Did they just grab guns at random or did they select certain ones that they wanted like A/R's? That takes time. What if someone else drove up while they were deciding what they wanted to grab. If the 40 guns were in their cases they would not be out on display and would have to go looking for them which means more time. Was any money stolen from the cash register? These are questions I ask myself to reason out if the owner knew the person(s), were they a previous customer(s) or was this just a random act? I just read where a ATF agent gave his opinion that when this is over, the fact will come out that he was known to the owner/family. I wonder since they took so much time to do this did they steal ammo also? A lot of questions I'd love to hear the answers too. It's my understanding that this place is off the beaten path which adds even more questions to it. I read that the grandson was going to graduate high school next month. This hole thing is so sad. I can't even imagine how the guy feels that walked in and found his parents and son dead. I hope with all the latest technology and science they are able to solve this case and bring some closure to the rest of the family.
    All guns would be secured in a bad ass safe after hours at a gun store / range, they didn’t want the trouble.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    UPDATE: An arrest has been made tonight regarding the murders of the family at the lock stock and barrel shooting range. This information just broke 15 minutes ago. Great job to the law enforcement and the local community! 21 year old Jacob Muse is in custody.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Grantville Police arrest man in connection to gun range triple murder​

Tommy and Evelyn Hawk and Luke Hawk killed at Coweta County gun range

Tommy and Evelyn Hawk and Luke Hawk killed at Coweta County gun range(Courtesy of family)
    By Catherine Catoura
    Published: Apr. 15, 2022 at 9:05 PM CDT|Updated: 37 minutes ago

GRANTVILLE, Ga. (CBS46) -- Grantville Police made an arrest Friday in a triple homicide that occurred at a Coweta County gun range.
    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Grantville Police announced that 21-year-old Jacob Christian Muse of College Park had been arrested and charged with three counts of malice murder in connection with the incident.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Top Bottom