• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there any place in Pensacola that has a nice selection of quality concealment holsters?
    Not the Uncle Mike's and similar cheap stuff you see most places.

I'm looking for something for my p365.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I never found any local. Went through around 5 holsters purchased online before I found what I was comfortable with. Academy actually had the best selection of desantis at the time. What are your requirements or styles? Maybe point you in the right direction.

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mike’s has a nice selection of leather holsters called JW Holsters. They are made
    locally and I have bought a few and they are nice with good retention.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm thinking IWB 4 o'clock. Comfort is high on the list of requirements. I'm open to synthetic or leather, as long as it's comfortable and holds the weapon well.

I was just at GCG Friday since I was working over in Milton, should have looked at holsters.
    I'll see if I can get over to Mike's soon and check out the JW Holsters.

scope0311

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I'm thinking IWB 4 o'clock. Comfort is high on the list of requirements. I'm open to synthetic or leather, as long as it's comfortable and holds the weapon well.

I was just at GCG Friday since I was working over in Milton, should have looked at holsters.
    I'll see if I can get over to Mike's soon and check out the JW Holsters.
    Jim’s near NAS Pensacola has some Rounded/Concealment Express AIWB Kydex holsters for a lot of the popular models

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Tradewinds pawn shop on 98 in Midway. They have whole bucket loads of holsters, most of them used and heavily discounted, but quite the selection for most common popular handguns

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are looking for a comfortable IWB holster, try a Vedder Light Tuck. I use them for Glock 42/43/43X and they are really comfortable Kydex holsters. 30-day money back if you don't like it is hard to beat and they ship very quickly.

For larger firearms (G19/G45/Beretta 92/ etc) I like Red River Tactical IWB / OWB holsters. Not as fast to ship and made to your needs (weapon / light / etc).

I've tried a couple of others (Detroit Holsters, Bravo Concealment) but their latest offerings don't impress me.

Most leather holsters are too thick for my liking for IWB carry and the lack of adjustments on most of them make it a shot in the dark if I'll like the way they fit / carry.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is someone even a real gun owner unless they have a large box of rejected or “not often used but I’m sure I still need to keep it” holsters lying around?

Also, +1 on Vedder. They make good stuff. They even made me one for my CZ75 Compact when I decided to carry an “off script” gun for a while.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Is someone even a real gun owner unless they have a large box of rejected or “not often used but I’m sure I still need to keep it” holsters lying around?"

Ha ha!! We've all got that box! I'm trying to NOT add to that collection.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is someone even a real gun owner unless they have a large box of rejected or “not often used but I’m sure I still need to keep it” holsters lying around?

Also, +1 on Vedder. They make good stuff. They even made me one for my CZ75 Compact when I decided to carry an “off script” gun for a while.
    Maybe we should have a yearly "bring your holsters you'll never use" keg party/swap meet?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    hard pressed to source locally. Blackpoint Tactical Mini wing is my go to fyi...

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maybe we should have a yearly "bring your holsters you'll never use" keg party/swap meet?
    That's a great idea to have at a private or members only range. A box of holsters people can try and swap. Kind of like the penny jar at the corner store.

Unfortunately some chode would end up taking them to re-sell somewhere. Which of course should be punished by eternal banishment and public shaming.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there any place in Pensacola that has a nice selection of quality concealment holsters?
    Not the Uncle Mike's and similar cheap stuff you see most places.

I'm looking for something for my p365.
    This isn’t local, but I personally used Diamond D custom Holsters. They are in Alaska, and use GOOD ALASKAN leather molded to my firearms, they make belt carry and conceal carry holsters along with shoulder holsters. The holsters are already molded to the firearm you order it for, so form and fit are perfect. I ordered a couple for revolvers including a 6” smith, and a couple for my .40 cal beretta and a 9mm competition pistol. They were made beautifully, and very well molded, they are heavy leather, and always have shooters asking me where I got them. I know you requested local, but I never found anything local worth buying. IMO they are worth the look. Of course we all have different preferences and styles, but they are worth the look.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This isn’t local, but I personally used Diamond D custom Holsters. They are in Alaska, and use GOOD ALASKAN leather molded to my firearms, they make belt carry and conceal carry holsters along with shoulder holsters. The holsters are already molded to the firearm you order it for, so form and fit are perfect. I ordered a couple for revolvers including a 6” smith, and a couple for my .40 cal beretta and a 9mm competition pistol. They were made beautifully, and very well molded, they are heavy leather, and always have shooters asking me where I got them. I know you requested local, but I never found anything local worth buying. IMO they are worth the look. Of course we all have different preferences and styles, but they are worth the look.
    Hey Alaska is more local than China, so that's a plus

Top Bottom