• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brasshog

Marksman
    Lol..umm Your close Fletch ! This incident occurred in an area south of Oceanside Ca. around the time of the riots (rodney king). I was a grunt in the corps back then and we were performing "protection services" in a bad part of town. Back then there were usually only two types of clients..rich or criminal. I got the later more often. I also did bankroll while CCW for the company. There nothing like 100K+ in cash every friday to make you a target lol. The boss cashed your check for you. That 1911 helped me in at least five encounters in which two were shootings. All in all I think I have hit seven plus encounters (civilian side) in my life where I can say that 100% having a weapon saved my life. I have worked at the milton prison ( i was not a deputy ) and have had inmates come looking for me. One particular one was with two large buddies that managed to corner me and my family in walmart. Later that week they met me at the theater parking lot (university) when I was taking my kids to see a movie. Twice a model 19 helped me out. Not getting the hint I had a final run in with him in milton about two months later (was carrying a NAA 22 mag that day). He is now serving life. He date raped minors and sold drugs to kids. A real looser and a infestation of society. Once...His supplier kicked the mirror of my car when I came to pick up my g/f (my wife of twenty years now) and threatened to shoot me in front of my kids. I kindly asked him to leave as I drew my Colt Anaconda (8 3/8 barrel). That was in milton too. I carry a gun because there are bad guys. It's that simple. Perhaps my karma needs adjusting.

Lastly-I do not look for trouble of any kind. There are members on here that know me personally and can vouch for that. However, I will walk away if I can safely do so. A gun doesn't make me ballsy either lol. My current job makes me run into low life's daily it seems. Last year I looked at a home that had a 10x20 prison in the attic for children. I have walked into a home that meth heads were cooking in. Actaually, I found five meth labs last year lol. These homes are locally guys ! I have waited five hours for the pensacola police to respond to three calls telling them that there are people in a home that are not supposed to be there and they have a lab!. They never arrived. I respect our LEO but damn. My job requires that I carry in order to come home.

Last edited:

brasshog

Marksman
    I am an independent inspector and thermographer. Yes it does pay well. I have way too many things to worry about at work though lol. Homes that are of low value tend to be in bad neighborhoods hence why I get so many. A lot of investors purchase them and never actually see the area. The area behind the Brownsville army navy store is great for entertainment as well as Mayfair. Run in's or rough encounters can be frequent. I'm usually the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood in a bright van carrying a $13,000 camera. Yeah I'm a target. Try delivering paperwork at dark on Desoto street lol. I didn't mean to hijack your thread Rat. I apologize for that. Also, congrats on your new license.

Last edited:

Riverrat

Shooter
    I am an independent inspector and thermographer. Yes it does pay well. I have way too many things to worry about at work though lol. Homes that are of low value tend to be in bad neighborhoods hence why I get so many. A lot of investors purchase them and never actually see the area. The area behind the Brownsville army navy store is great for entertainment as well as Mayfair. Run in's or rough encounters can be frequent. I'm usually the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood in a bright van carrying a $13,000 camera. Yeah I'm a target. Try delivering paperwork at dark on Desoto street lol. I didn't mean to hijack your thread Rat. I apologize for that. Also, congrats on your new license.

Please no apology needed I have enjoyed the post

brasshog

Marksman
    Also Rat, I don't know if they still offer the 790 statutes in paperback but get yourself a copy and keep it at the john. It makes good reading material. Just remember that they are "open to interpretation" by on site officers, lawyers, & judges insofar as "the letter of the law" due to some areas being "grey" or vague.

Riverrat

Shooter
    Also Rat, I don't know if they still offer the 790 statutes in paperback but get yourself a copy and keep it at the john. It makes good reading material. Just remember that they are "open to interpretation" by on site officers, lawyers, & judges insofar as "the letter of the law" due to some areas being "grey" or vague.

Thanks for the tip I will check it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom