Liberty gun safes giving out master codes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    this is SOP with all of the major units.
    I believe you , and have taken steps to ensure that no one can give out my combination. I’m also aware that they can and will break into anyone’s safe that they choose to. Gunsafes aren’t all that difficult to defeat.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I believe you , and have taken steps to ensure that no one can give out my combination. I’m also aware that they can and will break into anyone’s safe that they choose to. Gunsafes aren’t all that difficult to defeat.
    you didn't have to change the mechanical lock to prevent this...all you needed to do was change the combination from what they sent it out with.

Raven

Master
    The warrant should spell out what is to be searched for. Seems odd any and all warrants would prompt them to give up the codes, it’s not like they’re a safe company, oh wait! ETA - they should be cautious to cut as most all types of cutters produce heat and or sparks so prob a safety issue for them.
    Jaws of Life

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    The moronic position of a gun safe company giving money to anti 2A politicians. Perhaps they trying to push mandatory safe storage of firearms.
    This is just like how those liberal Catholic nuns bought a large portion of a gun conglomerate and got just enough shares to get on the board to vote no on everything Pro 2A

Raven

Master
    Totally agree. Unfortunately, the government of Florida is one of the worst offenders in the nation when it comes to selling, trading, and sharing "personal" information. You'd think our liberty-minded governor would make a show of shutting that down.
    Also:
    Asset forfeiture

M60Gunner

Master
    Always mechanical locks, thank goodness I never liked the E locks.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Bury your guns under protected plants. The government will not be able to dig them up!

IronBeard

Master
    Qualified immunity is a double-edged sword.

Anyone who works or has worked in any kind of public safety service will tell you many encounters between LE and citizens is often sketchy and grey. Things may be as they seem... often times they are not. While there are things a cop SHOULD KNOW, there are countless things they don't know... and may never know.

Situations, encounters, and interaction between LE and citizens is especially fluid and dynamic. Facts and circumstances change as the seconds tick where decisions must be made. Many times decisions are a choice between bad and worse. Many times the Paul Harvey isn't known until well after the problem solving process.

What bothers me is the fact QI has been granted where it should not have been granted. With that, you destroy the purpose of and integrity in the concept. Same with problematic cops being allowed to resign from their agency vs. facing an IA. When agencies allow that, all they do is kick bad actors down the road. Hard up agencies will hire them... rinse and repeat.

People in general seem to think perfection is an obtainable standard across the board when it comes to LE functions and activities. As long as humans are in the mix, that's not happening.

QI is a must have in order for LE to function... but it shouldn't be automatically applied to every cop in every situation. If anyone thinks LE is back-sliding now, just hold on and get ready if QI goes away.

I fully realize many here will disagree... but hey, it's the internet and this is just one man's opinion.
    I can support qualified immunity granted and administered per the constitution. IMO, that requires a level of personal integrity our society lacks, maybe even discourages and punishes? OK, back to the "safe" show.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Charlie Kirk (Turing Point USA) posted. Based on FCC records. Liberty Safes parent company is owned by a Big Dem commie that donate $400,000 to Dem Party and the owner personally donated $4000 to Obama causes.
    "Liberty" safes is startin' to smell an aweful lot like the "patriot" act...

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    I wonder with the sudden turn of attitude by Liberty is because for some reason they assumed a warrant was tantamount to a subpoena?

Maybe the powers to be failed to run the requests past what ever legal advisor they have and just complied thinking "well crap, they have a warrant, might as well play nice". Now the cat's out of the bag, just maybe the folks at Liberty realized the warrant was meaningless as far as compelling them to provide info and requiring a subpoena was in the best interests of the citizen and the company.

Not defending Liberty... just wondering if it was as much ignorance and laziness on their part as any other reason. They sure seemed quick to change their policy.

BluesBrother

Master
    I wonder with the sudden turn of attitude by Liberty is because for some reason they assumed a warrant was tantamount to a subpoena?

Maybe the powers to be failed to run the requests past what ever legal advisor they have and just complied thinking "well crap, they have a warrant, might as well play nice". Now the cat's out of the bag, just maybe the folks at Liberty realized the warrant was meaningless as far as compelling them to provide info and requiring a subpoena was in the best interests of the citizen and the company.

Not defending Liberty... just wondering if it was as much ignorance and laziness on their part as any other reason. They sure seemed quick to change their policy.
    Still Despicable! Some one needs to be held responsible. If you have managers in the organization making unfavorable decisions, well only one solution for that.

IronBeard

Master

I'll take Fear for $1,000, Alex.

Latest posts

Top Bottom