• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHarris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone.

I'm limited on space and was thinking of getting either a lee loader or the lee hand press. Anyone use either one? Do you like them? I am probably only going to reload one caliber to start, .30-.30. Which one will give me a better finished product? Any comments and thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advanced.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a hand press... I like it...I prep cases while watching tv...then load them later. Its diffrent but saves space...all my stuff fits in one file drawer.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Reloading-Press-Md-90045/dp/B002SF4X5I
    I'd suggest this simple press if you want to stay small and cheap. Mount it to a piece of plywood and then clamp it to a table when you need to use it.
    I reload 7mm mag with it and it works great. I don't think I'd want to be working with powder and components if my press was not bolted down. Its a lot to pay attention to without having to hold the press too.
    I know the classic press is one a lot of the old guys started on....but unless you plan on reloading in remote locations....which does not make sense to me....you will be glad you went with a bench type press.

CHarris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the replys. Never thought about mounting a press to a board and clamping to a table. Always figured I would need a dedicated area to work in. I will look into getting a press. I have the Lee book and have read it cover to cover and I really like the Lee products prices. I don't want to sink a fortune into equipment and then find out reloading is not for me. Thanks again for the help.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad to help. I have the small press I gave you the link to, and a lee loadmaster progressive mounted to a piece of laminate countertop. I use it In the garage during the cool seasons, and clamp it to the kitchen table when it's hot and steamy in the garage. It would be nice to have a room in the house dedicated to it, but if you reload for economy then you have to think that way.
    The progressive press is a very good deal for the price...I know there are better presses, but I can still turn out 400 quality handgun rounds per hour on it.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you can also do like I did and mount the press on a piece of 3/4 plywood then drill through the board and workbench install carraige bolts with wing nuts. takes less than a minute to install.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom