• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakec

Master
    you shouldn't have any leading at all from shooting cast bullets if everything is right. lot of times just a different powder will stop the leading. that said I powdercoat all my cast bullets now. no leading whatsoever no matter what powder I use. powdercoating is the only way to roll.

boatbum101

Marksman
    If bullets are sized to fit gun & lube / alloy is good leading will be almost non-existant . That's pretty much all I shoot in my handguns . Commercial cast leave much to be desired as alloy is harder than most shooters need & lube used is not the best . Wealth of knowledge on the Cast Boolit forum . If using commercial cast White Label 45-45-10 is a good friend . Right now I'm loading some 357 mag with Keith designed Lyman # 358429 . Alloy is BHN12 & lube is White Label Carnuba Red . The Keith bullets are made to push pretty good as 12.5grs 2400 , 14.5grs W296 will push them 1250 fps or so from a 6" barrel .

Last edited:

jakec

Master
    If bullets are sized to fit gun & lube / alloy is good leading will be almost non-existant . That's pretty much all I shoot in my handguns . Commercial cast leave much to be desired as alloy is harder than most shooters need & lube used is not the best . Wealth of knowledge on the Cast Boolit forum . If using commercial cast White Label 45-45-10 is a good friend . Right now I'm loading some 357 mag with Keith designed Lyman # 358429 . Alloy is BHN12 & lube is White Label Carnuba Red . The Keith bullets are made to push pretty good as 12.5grs 2400 , 14.5grs W296 will push them 1250 fps or so from a 6" barrel .

I use the same bullet for my 357s. Very good boolit.
    X2 on castboolits. If your gonna run cast thats the place to get info.

Top Bottom