• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Want2yak

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Took my brand new lc9 to the range today to fire for the first time. Loaded 7 rounds inserted mag, pulled safety off, pulled back slide, one in chamber, pointed down range, squeezed trigger and it went bang,it ejected the shell and loaded the next round. Then it would not do anything else. Trigger would not engage and hammer looked like it was not coming all the way back. Just sent email to Ruger guess I will have to wait to see what they say. At least I got to shoot my mark iii's so did have some fun.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sucks, I have however heard great things about Ruger's customer service from friends. I hear they really stand by their stuff!

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a bummer man, if something like that happens it always makes me question the guns reliability if I needed it for personal protection.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It may say "Ruger" on the side -- but it is still a Kel-Tec design in a different set of clothes... ;) Kel-tec always stood behind their product -- I am sure that Ruger will make it right for you. Disappointing none the less.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a bummer man, if something like that happens it always makes me question the guns reliability if I needed it for personal protection.

Im with stupid ^^

That would always be in the back of my mind and I would have no other choice but to sell it...

Want2yak

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Try another update
    Got email from Ruger yesterday they said for me to call them the might be able to fix it over the phone.
    Called today during lunch and the guy on the phone said it sounded like the hammer spring came loose. He sent me a label by email and now my lc9 is on its way back to Ruger said it should only take 8 to 10 days. We will see.

Want2yak

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Update. Sorry it took so long I have been out of town. Ruger sent the lc9 back and it arrived last Monday had a note in the box that said they replaced trigger bar and test fired 28 times. They also sent me a complimentary ruger cleaning cloth. Hopefully will get to test out next week.

Top Bottom