• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Watched 2 of them come out onto the road from the adjoining field and then start coming in our direction. Unfortunately a sound was made getting both rifles ready for both of us to shoot, so 1 looked at us instantly and left. The other hesitated a second, but I didn't hesitate to shoot (my partner didn't have his rifle completely up yet). 95yd away in the dark with thermal, suppressed 300 Blackout, Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip bullet. Dead right there; I think the spine was hit. A nice size male. Nice looking coat. My 3rd coyote.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This time of year fawns could be dropped and would be really small and low to the ground. Even with top rated thermal ....... gotta be sure it's a yote or hog.

One of the nicest coats/pelts that I have ever seen on a coyote in Fla. Not long hair like the ones up north,however extremely thick and with long guard hairs. He weighed about 35lbs. AND .........with one of them 300BLK's. I kinda expected the bullet to bounce off. :laugh:

This is the same yote that Bruce posted above. Good Shootin". --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0053.jpg
      SANY0053.jpg
      132 KB · Views: 191
    • SANY0055.jpg
      SANY0055.jpg
      144 KB · Views: 191

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    How about a pic of the gun please? Thanks

Form 1 SBR, 9.5" Core15 upper, Leupold Hog 1.25-4x scope, KISS Tactical lower, Nivisys UTAC-32M thermal, Gemtech Quicksand suppressor, Magpul UBR stock, Geissle SSA trigger. A few light spots where the sun is shining on it. With the help of the suppressor, we were able to hear the bullet hit the yote.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn that's a cool looking rig. I haven't shot a coyot since I was a kid in Texas. Didn't have these kind of tools back then.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Outstanding.... nice rifle by the way.

Thank you. Of course when you starting adding all the "stuff" I have on it, the weight starts adding up. I hope to use it soon in Georgia pig hunting. My brother is working with a local rancher to allow us to pig hunt on his property. We will be stalking them at night. No pigs on my brother's farm, just deer and some yotes. Georgia will allow suppressors for pigs (and everything else) starting July 1st (suppressors are already allowed for pigs, yotes, and armadillos in Florida). We'll also be doing a night hunt at a large nursery that's experiencing armadillo and beaver damage.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sawman's always kidding me about using the 300 Blackout, especially out of a short barrel. I do think a yote is too small to provide for much expansion of the Nosler 125gr bullets at BLK velocities. Seems to do fine on deer though...8 hits and 8 dead deer.

Top Bottom