Target Sports

Largest expansion of hunting and fishing opportunities proposed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been to the Panther refuge and used to live within 100 miles of Texas sites. It takes a tough guy to want to hunt the Panther refuge (swamp) and migratory birds at muleshoe would mean mainly Sand Hill Cranes and snow geese. I've been a hunter for 50 years but I don't see the need to hunt the cranes so there you go.

"Today’s action proposes to bring the number of units in the Service’s National Wildlife Refuge System where the public may hunt to 434 and the number where fishing will be permitted to 378. The rule also proposes to formally bring the total number of National Fish Hatchery System units open to hunting or sport fishing to 22.

New proposed refuge opportunities include opening big game hunting (turkey) and sport fishing at Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge in Florida for the first time; opening Muleshoe and Neches River National Wildlife Refuges in Texas to migratory game bird, upland game and big game hunting for the first time; and opening Featherstone National Wildlife Refuge in Virginia for the first time to migratory game bird hunting and sport fishing."

Top Bottom