• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a great second post but I need help. My roof started leaking around where an overhead light is. I keep the light off because I do not want an electrical fire to happen. So I contacted Remax (property manager) and the property owner to let her know, which was on 06/23. They had someone come out and do a temporary fix and what I mean by that is stare at the ceiling. The water circle has grown to be about 4 feet in diameter now the roof is sagging and I see a little crack now. I don't know if that is relevant but I am thinking this roof is going to cave in. We have called them about 5 times, left voicemails. My roomate went by there yesterday and I went by there today in person. All they keep saying is they are waiting on a estimate. Can y'all help me out? This is my first house renting. I have rented an apartment but never had problems like this.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on where you are at. If you're in Escambia County, Contact code enforcement...they handle a lot of landlord/tenant issue.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Your welcome and Bohica 793 is right about sending it certified mail and if hand delivered make sure you take along a witness.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your welcome and Bohica 793 is right about sending it certified mail and if hand delivered make sure you take along a witness.

I am formally typing up a letter and including a place for every tenants signature thats in the household and also found out my work does notaries so I am also getting it notarized.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If it becomes to a point where it is unliveable (is that a word?) Such as mold/fungus or the actual ceiling falls down, I'd withhold rent until repairs are made. You have the upper hand here.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Florida has a Landlord Tenant Act. Look it up. You do need to send everything Certified Return Receipt Requested to your landlord. Then if after a reasonable time if they have not responded get an attorney and find a new house. The attorney will be for the lease issue and for the possible personal injury lawsuit for the mold. Make sure to list all your complaints including your fear of fire and the mold you have to breath.

Idoono

Top Bottom