• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Anybody have one? Shot one? Looking for real info. Watched a vid from nutnfancy, looks good.. I like the ambi controls and the downward ejection, piston driven. I have the SU16c and have been very pleased with it, no issues. Thanks.

Last edited:

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had one and liked it. Runs great and suppresses well, stock trigger is best of all including Tavor, and AUG
    I carried an AUG for 10 years and loved the balance of the bull pup, when Kel Tec came out with the RDB I grabbed one and was not sorry.
    Only complaint was that it was not as accurate as the Steyr across a bunch of bullet weights. Since only accurate rifles are interesting I sold it on the forum and ponied up the cash for an AUG and have not regretted it.
    RDB was good but the AUG is great.
    Best I could get from the RDB was 1.25 inches with a Vortex 1x6 strike eagle.
    Same scope on the AUG will get 0.75 inches as long as I do my part.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Have you looked into the hunter version? It's sleek. No pistol grip. Even the forend looks more like a rifle It's easier on the eyes than the standard bullpups

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Have you looked into the hunter version? It's sleek. No pistol grip. Even the forend looks more like a rifle It's easier on the eyes than the standard bullpups
    Looked at it. Just like the standard one better. Don't know which one I like better the 17 inch or the 20 inch. Plenty of time to read up on them.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Well, I got one when they came out. (Forgot about it till I read this thread) Pretty cool. Then I took it to the factory and purchased an additional 20" upper with the folding sights. When they shipped it back to me I was so excited. Went to try it out. Click and no bang. Very disappointing. And I didn't have the original (17"?) Upper with me. Later I switched to the original and same click no bang. Sheesh! You'd think coming from the factory it would fire. Factory refused to send me a new firing pin to test. And insisted I send it in to them on my dime. Been sitting in my safe for like 3 years...

Anyone have a firing pin that I can try?
    KIMG0955.JPG

Last edited:

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Not cool at all. That led to an AR purchase and then a deep dive addiction to modding and building America's Rifle.
    I would have saved a LOT of money if I just would have shipped it back or purchased an extra pin to try..

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well, I got one when they came out. (Forgot about it till I read this thread) Pretty cool. Then I took it to the factory and purchased an additional 20" upper with the folding sights. When they shipped it back to me I was so excited. Went to try it out. Click and no bang. Very disappointing. And I didn't have the original (17"?) Upper with me. Later I switched to the original and same click no bang. Sheesh! You'd think coming from the factory it would fire. Factory refused to send me a new firing pin to test. And insisted I send it in to them on my dime. Been sitting in my safe for like 3 years...

Anyone have a firing pin that I can try? View attachment 130594
    I hate that happened. Knock on wood, I've never had problems like this. Good to know though.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The 20" for me. Have shot both in 308. IMO more recoiĺ than anticipated. "SURPRISEING". Tons of vibration. Feels like a shouldered brick block.
    Love the BASIC ergonomics.
    Nowhere near the accuracy anticipated for a /in a 308. WITH 1-6X at 100yds and four different factory loads - - -> 3MOA WAS BEST THREE OF US COULD DO.
    PASS FOR ME. ---- SAWMAN
    Tavor,AUG,WOULD BE MY FIRST PICS.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    James, I've owned a number of KT's over the years including a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Sub 2000 and a lot of their pistols. I don't have any KT's now. KT's are ok for what they are, but I agree with the ones who are indirectly suggesting to just spend a little more and get a better quality gun. The Sub 2000 would be ok if it just wasn't so brutal to shoot, IMHO, lol. Have fun with them though, that's what its all about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom