• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No way I would spend a grand on a keltec. Now if they redesigned their SUB-2000 I would be interested.

The Ruger 57 is

MSRP:$799.00

I would want to see what Biden does first and also I want to buy optics for what I already have first.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My thought is that makes 3 manufacturers producing 5.7 pistols, maybe we'll see more. If you could get this to feed reliably, it would be fun with a binary trigger and a sto... erm Brace.
    Personally, I don't think the 5.7 is a round I'd want as a conceal/carry pistol, but as an SMG it would be amazing.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My thought is that makes 3 manufacturers producing 5.7 pistols, maybe we'll see more. If you could get this to feed reliably, it would be fun with a binary trigger and a sto... erm Brace.
    Personally, I don't think the 5.7 is a round I'd want as a conceal/carry pistol, but as an SMG it would be amazing.
    It is useful due to low recoil and with proper ammo will penetrate some types of body armor.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Here's an interesting one that I haven't seen before. Looks like KelTec is getting into the 5.7 game. Smart move using FN P90 mags and building the gun around it.
    It looks crazy...

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Check trying to load the 5.7. The advice is that it is a most difficult case to reload. To start with it is lubricated case using a special lubrication.
    Link for reloading: http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3297
    Yeah, I've heard it was a nightmare to reload and that the life of the brass was very short. Gel test wise, a good 9mm round performs better out of typical handgun length barrels, but the 5.7 is impressive at longer ranges for accuracy. 100 yards shots with inches of drop instead of feet

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I've heard it was a nightmare to reload and that the life of the brass was very short. Gel test wise, a good 9mm round performs better out of typical handgun length barrels, but the 5.7 is impressive at longer ranges for accuracy. 100 yards shots with inches of drop instead of feet

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    And there is this
    1609893970611.png

What would be fun would be to set up a TT33 7.62x25 in 22 TCM and seat the bullet out further using a 6 inch barrel.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah, the .22 TCM is an interesting round as well. Saw a video a while back with .22 TCM out of a bolt-action rifle, it was pretty impressive.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom