• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tailbreaker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Kahr CM40 pocket pistol and finally got a chance yesterday to hit the range with it. It is very accurate once you master the long trigger pull but this is no fun day at the range pistol. After 350 rounds I was glad to put it away. It does however do it's intended purpose very well. It's small, lightweight and very concealable even in the front pocket of my jeans and shorts. There are no safeties other than the long double action trigger pull which is very smooth and no where near as long as the Ruger LC9. I had no FTF's or malfunctions of any kind even with the cheap ammo I was using. All in all, I am very pleased with this little weapon and have no trouble betting my life on it. Breakdown and cleaning is a breeze too.

Attachments

• Kahrpic.jpg
      Kahrpic.jpg
      11.1 KB · Views: 221

Jon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 on the CM series, they're great little pistols and amazingly accurate. I have the 9mm version and it's in my pocket 99% of the time. I picked up a Hogue Handall Jr from Academy and slipped in on upside down; it works much better for me than any of the stick on grips out there (I tried them all).

Attachments

• CM9.jpg
      CM9.jpg
      130.1 KB · Views: 370

Tailbreaker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the same thing with the Houge grip. Put it on the right way and it the notch wasn't big enough for my finger. Turned it upside down and it fit perfect. I also added Pearce pinky extensions to my magazines to accommodate my big hands.

Kahrpic (2).jpg

Attachments

• Kahrpic (2).jpg
      Kahrpic (2).jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 464
    Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Double check those pierce extensions....I tried 2 different sets on my p380. May have been that the .380 version is too small to be strong enough....but both sets snapped off after only 30-40 rounds....spilling the mag springs and remaining rounds.
    I liked the extension...but don't trust the pierce plastic to hold everything together. I guess if they fit over the metal bottom plate it wouldn't be such a catastrophic malfunction when they break.
    I have a pm9 as well as the p380... Love them both ....have not shot the .40 version....I'd guess it would be a bit snappy...but a very good gun.
    Kahrs have internal safeties similar to the glock....so It's not really accurate to say they don't have a safety.
    Kahr also has one of the best triggers of the DAO pistols...not quite as long, and a crisp break.
    Congrats on the pistol, you will love it. If glock actually made a COMPACT pistol it would be a KAHR.

Tailbreaker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had heard about the Pearce extensions breaking before but decided to take a chance with them and so far so good. After about 175 rounds per magazine they are holding up just fine.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got a 5lb striker spring (wolff) in the mail today for my CM9 today. I plan to put it in a shoot a couple hundred rounds this week to test it out.

I like how smooth the trigger is but it is still a heavy 6 plus lbs. I am hoping the new spring will help rase my POI at 10 yrds plus. No matter what I have tried so far in rapid fire I am always about 3 to 4" low. If I take my time it is dead on. It is more annoying then a real problem but I am annal retentive about some things.

Kahr makes a nice gun but I hate that you can not manual rack the first round. Yes I carry my gun loaded but why would you design a gun that way?

The best thing about the gun is I can wear it all day & I really forget that it is there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom