• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went to the open house at K M today , started out a little wet, when we got there the rain had stoped, met Shannon Kay and Bryon Morgan owner's of the range. After sign in Shannon showed us around, he then asked if we wanted to shoot, of course I said yes, he asked what did I wanted to shoot , I choose to shoot on the 800 yd line, from on top of the container, set up, worked it out to 700 yds, Had to go . There is no other place in this part of the county with a range like this, You don't have to have a high dollar gun to shoot there, they have several pistol ranges a rim fire range, also, you can double tap all you want, even empty it if you can control it. I can't say enough about it, Very gracious host's, Safety is is Number one. LOts of steel to shoot at, all you have to bring is paint for the steel, a backer for your targtes that you want to use., It is a first rate Place and host's. If any one want to go some time getwith me, you will have to pay the quest fee, it 30 dollars and is well worth it, and yes I'm a member now, Just my 2 cents.

bamabob

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to the open house at K M today , started out a little wet, when we got there the rain had stoped, met Shannon Kay and Bryon Morgan owner's of the range. After sign in Shannon showed us around, he then asked if we wanted to shoot, of course I said yes, he asked what did I wanted to shoot , I choose to shoot on the 800 yd line, from on top of the container, set up, worked it out to 700 yds, Had to go . There is no other place in this part of the county with a range like this, You don't have to have a high dollar gun to shoot there, they have several pistol ranges a rim fire range, also, you can double tap all you want, even empty it if you can control it. I can't say enough about it, Very gracious host's, Safety is is Number one. LOts of steel to shoot at, all you have to bring is paint for the steel, a backer for your targtes that you want to use., It is a first rate Place and host's. If any one want to go some time getwith me, you will have to pay the quest fee, it 30 dollars and is well worth it, and yes I'm a member now, Just my 2 cents.
    sir could you tell where this range is located? thank you bamabob

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We had to be near each other, I was on the top deck shooting, Will have to get together , when we are going, were you in the orientation. jj
    It is north of Baker go to the web site there is a map just my 2 cents

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had to be near each other, I was on the top deck shooting, Will have to get together , when we are going, were you in the orientation. jj
    It is north of Baker go to the web site there is a map just my 2 cents
    Yes, I was in the orientation. My buddy & I walked in about 5 min late, and stood in the back. We had already been shooting some in the pistol bay and the short range on the western side.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ended up taking a side job and couldn't make it.
    I'm definitely up for going. JJ, IM inbound!

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alright Jerome!!!! Come out to my hood and no phone call!!!! I see......geeezzzzzzzzz

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JJ, I read through their entire website last night and it looks like a very nice, well run place. Too bad it's almost a two hour drive one way from me, or I'd be signing up right now.

However, in the rules section it states: no tracer, armor piercing, or steel core ammo, so I assume that means no 5.56×45mm 62-grain cartridge with a steel penetrator tip over a lead core in a partial copper jacket (green tip) either.

I understand the reasoning behind the tracer and armor piercing, but what is the problem with the steel core? Are they worried about sparks from the steel targets?

Also, they don't allow steel or aluminum casings, but yet you are supposed to police your own brass?

It's pretty much a moot point for me because of the driving distance, but I'm just curious.

Thanks...

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not such about the steel and al caseing but the green tip puts small dip-es in the steel and shorten the life of the steel so to keep things strait nothing that a mag. will go to, If you want to shoot the green tip you can put up your own paper targets. No tracer no fire, no steel core, steel last longer and no hole in steel to case a back spatter to hurt some one. Safety is First there. Their policy is if you have to ask why then you don't need to be there. Just my 2 cents

S.Kay

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad many of you enjoyed the facility this weekend despite the poor weather.

For those that missed the Open House and want to view the Range, please contact us to come out and check it out. We'd love to have ya out.

We will continuously accept new members until we reach our max. We are about half way there and are still accepting responsible shooters that wish to become a member. A big thanks to many of you who are spreading the word!

The website photos are dated, but we will updated them and the site with the new ranges this summer once everything greens up and is more photogenic. ;)

Not sure where the steel/alum. cases rule snuck in there. It has been removed. We could care less what cases your rounds use.

Steel core ammo is very abusive to AR500 steel targets at any range. Steel prices continue to rise and there are many safety issues using dimpled steel when shooting at closer ranges. The risk of a return report shooting shot gun/pistol rounds against dimpled steel is higher than most national level facilities will accept. Even though we have over 200 steel targets on the range we move and use them at all different distances and for differnt disciplines, thus the reason for the rule. Fires are also a concern, but less so.

Steel core (green tip and the like) ammo can be shot at the facility but at paper targets only.

Free feel to contact me with any questions. Hope to see ya on the firing line soon.

Shannon
    253 225-6708

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad many of you enjoyed the facility this weekend despite the poor weather.

For those that missed the Open House and want to view the Range, please contact us to come out and check it out. We'd love to have ya out.

We will continuously accept new members until we reach our max. We are about half way there and are still accepting responsible shooters that wish to become a member. A big thanks to many of you who are spreading the word!

The website photos are dated, but we will updated them and the site with the new ranges this summer once everything greens up and is more photogenic.

Not sure where the steel/alum. cases rule snuck in there. It has been removed. We could care less what cases your rounds use.

Steel core ammo is very abusive to AR500 steel targets at any range. Steel prices continue to rise and there are many safety issues using dimpled steel when shooting at closer ranges. The risk of a return report shooting shot gun/pistol rounds against dimpled steel is higher than most national level facilities will accept. Even though we have over 200 steel targets on the range we move and use them at all different distances and for differnt disciplines, thus the reason for the rule. Fires are also a concern, but less so.

Steel core (green tip and the like) ammo can be shot at the facility but at paper targets only.

Free feel to contact me with any questions. Hope to see ya on the firing line soon.

Shannon
    253 225-6708

OK, that makes sense about the steel targets, so I guess better safe than sorry. And thanks for addressing the non-brass casing question also.

Shannon, you guys have a very nice facility there, and if it were closer I'd be filling out the paper work now. It things go right and I get more involved in the sport, I may join anyway.

Thanks,

Pat

Last edited:

Nfluencial

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once I find out what government is doing with this sequestration and my hours at work I'll sign up there. I'm chomping at the bit to get in there.

Top Bottom