• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Maybe it's me or what but when I log on a box pops up telling me I have messages I stop what I'm doing and answer them. I know people are a lot busier these days and don't get on everyday but when I send you several PMs about items you have for sale then I see you listing more items a week later and you still ain't answered my want your item PMs makes me wonder if you really have items for sale. Is it just me or is this happening to others as well

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep! I've.dealt with this for years on another site (different hobby). Its a universal problem. What it boils down to is that a certain number of people out there can't or won't follow through on basic courtesy and the unwritten rules for on line trading. Maybe its laziness or more likely they just don't understand the importance of communication. Its frustrating but I've learned to deal with it like ric-san. If I PM someone about something for sale and they don't respond n a reasonable time then I move on and am no longer interested.

To be specific, a."reasonable" amount of time would be a couple of days. I know plenty of folks that sometimes go days between on line sessions due to work, or, plenty of people just don't get on line that often,.especially older people. My dad checks his email maybe twice a week. However, if the seller in question has been on line since my first attempt to communicate yet he chose not to answer my message then yep, I just move on.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't had any problems what so ever other than a few ridiculous low ball offers, but that's always to be expected. Never had a bad experience I can recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes, it is very aggravating.
    I had someone string me along for several weeks on an item I have for sale.
    They visit the forum regularly but are unresponsive to PMs or posts.
    A simple, "I'm no longer interested" would suffice.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats why I always put a phone number, if I want to see something, I want buyers to be able to contact me, and PM's tend to get overlooked sometimes.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    TD, some people here are crazy as I have blocked some, I don't want them to have my #, you have a store so that is somewhat different, even crazy people have $$ sometimes.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put my #, but it's just a google # that I can dump and change at any time. Not my personal #. With that said, I have only had one problem a couple of years ago.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TD, some people here are crazy as I have blocked some, I don't want them to have my #, you have a store so that is somewhat different, even crazy people have $$ sometimes.

Frank do u have me blocked????

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you know someones name to go on the net and find them. Just go to white page phone no . Most people still have at least one land line for there computer. Unless it's unlisted you got it. Also where they live ,also where they have lived. Some sites even list there neighbors. and there wifes name. Google earth and you have got them.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you know someones name to go on the net and find them. Just go to white page phone no . Most people still have at least one land line for there computer. Unless it's unlisted you got it. Also where they live ,also where they have lived. Some sites even list there neighbors. and there wifes name. Google earth and you have got them.

Sure it's easy to find almost anyone. I don't know about the landline, I haven't had one for years, just cellphones. With that said, if someone shows up at my house uninvited, they will get to see the muzzle of a 12 gauge.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No Sir Stanley, you are honest and reasonable, then again you understand gun rights and the Southern mentality. Will I go shooting w you, probably not, will I have a beer w you, absolutely!

I would say most folks don't have a landline and their #'s can't be looked up!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cell no can be found to. I get calls all the time on my cell from people. There are sites for that to but this is off topic. I have been lucky with PM on here. They are always answered in a proper amount of time.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If my PM isn't answered, I take it that they're not interested in my offer and move on. A simple courteous decline does go a long way, especially here since it's likely that you'll make a deal with the same people sometime later.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I always try to answer promptly. I've done a few deals that went smoothly via PM here, but I've also run into the problem the OP is referring to. I've had some "very interested" folks fizzle out of existence before, only to turn up buying the same or a similar item a couple days later. I'm guilty of changing my mind too, but as Dan said. a courteous PM would go a long way.

daveb6332

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had great dealing here but can't say the same about Craigslist. I've had people not respond to 'Ill buy it, tell me where and when to pick it up' immediately after they posted it. I believe that most people here on this board are responsible and courteous.

Top Bottom