• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    It's like a big giant puzzle! (The official storage thread)

What boggles my mind, is that I accel at Tetris, but this I can't figure out.

I saw a couple of these at a garage sale for a song, so I couldn't resist them. I haven't really had time to rearrange my ammo collection into one yet. So today I am off and figured I'd give it a shot. So for reference here is an idea of how big these are.

515f37b78193a7de2778944764390c0f.jpg

458e80067a6d191ee647c1ff3a730fc9.jpg

Most of the jobs I've had are warehouse jobs, so stacking sort of comes naturally for me, but just not here.

So far I've only been able to get 36 20rd boxes to a layer. I know I can do better, I just can't figure out the optimum layout for the space provided. This is where I'm stuck at:

8a6902ac1cc72309b66387492a73bf96.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Indeed they are rather large. Which is why I couldn't pass them up. I have decided that one could fit about five layers of 20rd boxes of 7.62x39 into one of those cans for a staggering total of 3600+ rds. It's heavy now though and I only have 2200 in there so far, with a few boxes of .38spl and .223 mixed in for good measure.

I can't decide though if I want to use the other one for storage of mags and misc accessories and sell my smaller ones, or sell the larger one and keep the smaller ones for mag and misc duties.

By the by, fr what it's worth, I think that this shall now be the official storage thread.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    urban if you live in the area, let me be the first to say that id buy the large ones from you. Gunnerxxx Crestview,fl

Army_of_One

Expert
    Indeed they are rather large. Which is why I couldn't pass them up. I have decided that one could fit about five layers of 20rd boxes of 7.62x39 into one of those cans for a staggering total of 3600+ rds. It's heavy now though and I only have 2200 in there so far, with a few boxes of .38spl and .223 mixed in for good measure.

I can't decide though if I want to use the other one for storage of mags and misc accessories and sell my smaller ones, or sell the larger one and keep the smaller ones for mag and misc duties.

By the by, fr what it's worth, I think that this shall now be the official storage thread.

Load the mags then store them in the large cans.

Top Bottom