• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    well butter my butt and call me a bisquit….now I have to convince the wife it is law, I have to buy one now

.270 Win

Shooter
    That's exactly what the founders intended. They also intended for us to treat anti-Constitutional politicians a little less politically correct.

Raven

Master
    Any lawyers out there that can verify this article is correct? It came from Guns and Ammo magazine, so I assume it has merit, but spell "assume".... if its true, and it probably is, then we should raise awareness. Put it in the Pensacola News Journal, and even a newspaper in Connecticut and Washington D.C.

Raven

Master
    Well, at least its nationwide in G&A

Attachments

• 20200420_054002.jpg
      20200420_054002.jpg
      760.5 KB · Views: 212

Raven

Master
    I think its interesting how all the Republicans, Democrats, Progressives, Liberals AND the National Rifle Association conveniently forgot about this case law. Mentioning it in a nationwide magazine hopefully will bring it to the forefront again.

FrommerStop

Master
    If it is the same weapons used by the military, it is not an AR15, but a fully automactic rifle. Even a detachable magazine fed semiauto longgun is not legal to purchase in CA and I believe in other places also.

Raven

Master
    Yeah, I'd rather have the full auto belt-fed grenade launcher.... but I digress

Snake-Eyes

Master
    The letter/article contradicts itself. It quotes "required to report with..." and then jumps a few bridges of association and draws the conclusion that those same individuals are required to own the weapon.

"report with" vs "own".

Even IF someone raised enough stink to force a national policy change, the result would be something along the lines of a national armory for the purposes of issuing out military rifles to eligible civilians called up to report for armed duty to support the US during a national emergency.

More tax-payer money into the pockets of another government contractor who doesn't deserve it?
    No thanks.

FrommerStop

Master
    In many parts of the world historically males of the right age were expected to show up with weapons and say if it was cossacks mustering out for Tsar to also have a horse. Often for a poor boy, the local headsmen and merchants, rich farmers, etc would see that the boy had what was needed. Things like were said to have occurred in 18th century colonist villages relative fighting indians and such or so I read.

Raven

Master
    Damn straight. If half our High School seniors were marching off to war all of a sudden like I bet we could on our own muster up everything needed and more so. And still have enough left over for the home front. One of the only Constitutional requirements for a Federal government is to provide for a common defense. We got that by ourselves. Tell the Federal army it can stand down now. Thanks for everything, have a nice day, and f--- off. Keep the Air Force and Navy. The national debt would be paid off in no time. Throw up a ginormous wall all the way around the continent and live peacefully for a 1,000 years. No standing army needed any more.

FrommerStop

Master
    Damn straight. If half our High School seniors were marching off to war all of a sudden like I bet we could on our own muster up everything needed and more so. And still have enough left over for the home front. One of the only Constitutional requirements for a Federal government is to provide for a common defense. We got that by ourselves. Tell the Federal army it can stand down now. Thanks for everything, have a nice day, and f--- off. Keep the Air Force and Navy. The national debt would be paid off in no time. Throw up a ginormous wall all the way around the continent and live peacefully for a 1,000 years. No standing army needed any more.
    Prior to WWII we only had a small and poorly financed standing army. Then we decided we needed to station our forces overseas and that changed.

Raven

Master
    It was the Federal Income Tax that made the military we have today possible. Out right thievery. Our Founding Fathers and 13 Colonies went to war with a Naval Super Power over a 10% tax rate. You add it all up today, Federal, State, Local, from birth to death including 401K's, etc. and we're living in modern slavery under a 40% tax rate.... 40%..... How long are we gonna take it...... just try to get along to go along.....

Raven

Master
    Same holds true for "the most effective weapon on the modern battlefield". They got concrete, so should we. Watch some liberal try to pass a new law that says a man shouldn't be allowed to build his own castle. Because, of course, if the subjects cant be allowed to out-gun the law dogs, then they shouldn't be allowed to build a wall strong enough to tell the law dogs to bug off

Attachments

• 20200420_054002.jpg
      20200420_054002.jpg
      760.5 KB · Views: 212
    • Screenshot_20200414-201049_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200414-201049_Chrome.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 190

FrommerStop

Master
    Same holds true for "the most effective weapon on the modern battlefield". They got concrete, so should we. Watch some liberal try to pass a new law that says a man shouldn't be allowed to build his own castle. Because, of course, if the subjects cant be allowed to out-gun the law dogs, then they shouldn't be allowed to build a wall strong enough to tell the law dogs to bug off
    I am trying to figure out how is that concrete is the most effective weapon on the battlefield. TNT and slightly more recently RDX have been around for a long time. What ever man builds can be blown up. My house has tons literally of steel and concrete in it and a swat team could get in without too much trouble. it is intended for hurricanes relative to the steel and concrete and not a shoot out with the police or military.

Tanks at Waco. The police when needed can get What is needed to storm anything that a civilian might own. ++

1587692677054.png

Attachments

• 1587692677054.png
      1587692677054.png
      53.1 KB · Views: 253

Raven

Master
    I was thinking more like withstanding WW2 all over again, not a hurricane. The Allies gave up trying to blow up the German anti-air towers after the war. They tried and tried because knew that should anybody in the future get their hands on one he would be nearly invincible

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-205408_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200423-205408_Chrome.jpg
      131.6 KB · Views: 186
    • Screenshot_20200423-210006_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200423-210006_Chrome.jpg
      164.1 KB · Views: 180
    Top Bottom