Is this the future?? Monolithic AR lower.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have a Plum Crazy polymer lower, love it. They dropped theirs into liquid nitrogen, then tossed it on the concrete floor, no damage. They ran it over, no damage.
    They did the same to a aluminum ar lower in liquid nitrogen and when tossed to the floor, it shattered to pieces. Ran over aluminum lower, it was damaged.
    Plum Crazy has Lifetime warranty, and I've experienced zero wear on the take-down pin holes.

As for your Monolithic Lower, you are stuck with the stock, liked or not. You can't turn it into a pistol, only rifle or sbr. Which is cool.
    If that wasn't enough, they said this about their product in the Warranty,

1. Sling Attachment points wearing out is not grounds for a receiver replacement.
    They admit this will be a problem. Not good.

2. If the receiver breaks through misuse or neglect, we will replace it ONCE for $65.00.
    Whaaat, they know it can or will break?

But hey, other than that, and it's kinda ugly, I guess it'll be ok.
    But it's like the vaccine, I'll pass on it.
    G/L and post up your review when you test it out. Good or Bad.
    Yep, stuck with the stock and grip. Its actually sold as "other" even though it's got a fixed stock. Werid? This design cuts into the aftermarket barbie parts you can put on it. I've been using a new frontier cf lower on my drag thru the woods gun, +400 5.56 and still going. Still tight and goes bang. You can't use 450b,458,50 cal. So?? How many shooters are using those calibers?? I'm betting less than 10% the other 90% are shooting the kitten soft 223. Anyway it should be fine for use.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forgotten weapons and inrange on the what would stoner do are pushing this and Brownells was selling IIRC correct these polymer one lowers. While I will not be getting one any time soon, there is lot going for them. To do it right is expensive. Mated with a light wt faxon barrel the results is very light wt rifle.
    Not for me because it is not modular and loosea an important aspect of the AR15. Doing polymer right for such project is not easy.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Between election cycles, when the aluminum guns go back to $400(+-) retail for a complete rifle, these are going to retail for like $300. Like it or not, they'll sell a ton of them. And I bet they'll be having M+P contracts all across the third world, too. This will catch on. A high volume military contract could get these down to only $150(+-) per rifle. It'll be the left arm of the free world

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Like it or not, they'll sell a ton of them. And I bet they'll be having M+P contracts all across the third world, too. This will catch on. A high volume military contract could get these down to only $150(+-) per rifle. It'll be the left arm of the free world

LOL.

When that happens... let me know. I'll send you an OutBack gift card and you can have a steak and beer on me... not happening on these being picked up by LE/MIL... it's kind of laughable actually (which I think you meant?).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Between election cycles, when the aluminum guns go back to $400(+-) retail for a complete rifle, these are going to retail for like $300. Like it or not, they'll sell a ton of them. And I bet they'll be having M+P contracts all across the third world, too. This will catch on. A high volume military contract could get these down to only $150(+-) per rifle. It'll be the left arm of the free world
    Well just how much cheaper could they be?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    LOL.

When that happens... let me know. I'll send you an OutBack gift card and you can have a steak and beer on me... not happening on these being picked up by LE/MIL... it's kind of laughable actually (which I think you meant?).
    Third world. Everybody laughed at the plastic fantastic Glock, too

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    LOL.

I bet you never saw Colt or Remington going bankrupt either

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    The way I see it, these types of monolithic lowers are good for cheap plinkers and nothing more. Personally, I would never waste my money on one. There is nothing about them that appeals to me in any way, shape, or form. I would have thought that KE Arms would have put their money into something more useful and worthwhile rather than making something that has never sold well or has had any widespread appeal. CavArms sold a few of theirs when they first introduced them and then sales fizzled. Most AR builders want aluminum lowers and their choice of stocks and pistol grips.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I believe KE bought the patent and molding and machinery from Sean when he had to close Cav arms due to legal issues he was having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's on the video. Cav arms had issues, the molds were not re enforced properly. The other company ???xyz bought the equipment by then the molds were out of spec, they kept using them. They were also using crap poly. Hence, crap products.
    These are from a new tooling addressing the errors of the old product With improvements. Also poly/fiber. The long video covers all of this including colts attempt to do it back in the 60's
    These are not the same lowers that were previously made. Ymmv

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's on the video. Cav arms had issues, the molds were not re enforced properly. The other company ???xyz bought the equipment by then the molds were out of spec, they kept using them. They were also using crap poly. Hence, crap products.
    These are from a new tooling addressing the errors of the old product With improvements. Also poly/fiber. The long video covers all of this including colts attempt to do it back in the 60's
    These are not the same lowers that were previously made. Ymmv

Yep I know they’re new molds and not the same lowers.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yep I know they’re new molds and not the same lowers.

Could be a big thing in commieland, where pistol grips and adjustable this and that are evil. If it's all one piece, no chance of modification without serious work being done

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm waiting to see how long it takes you before you chop the stock off and try to super glue or duck tape something else on it.
    Nope, not gonna do it. Under warranty. By serial it's # 2055. That's a good sign. I'd buy more of the new frontier if I could get them. My local dealer only charges me $5 per for lowers. Might be cause I buy a few...

Attachments

• 20210212_154231.jpg
      20210212_154231.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 132

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom