APOD Firearms

Is there a way to touch up a scratch on a Parkerized gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, an idiot scratch on a 1911. Not mine because I don't care. Asking for a friend that just bought a Springer GI and it already had the scratch.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope. About the only thing he can do is use a blueing pen or liquid blue on a Qtip. If it were mine i wouldnt give a rip. It's a "GI" 1911. Its suppose to get scratched.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I think he's out of luck. I don't mind wear and tear or holster wear from a good leather rig, but I HATE the idiot scratch. It takes someone willing to be committed to the platform to properly care for a 1911. I might try a gentle rub with color matched oil based paint though. Then there's always refinishing. Just me.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it were mine i wouldnt give a rip. It's a "GI" 1911. Its suppose to get scratched.

That's my feeling but this guy is anal about stuff like that. I don't know why he bought it if the scratch bothers him so much. He did not get that good of a deal. Before he bought it I told him what I might pay for it, with or without the scratch, and he went $50 over my opinion.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^
    Like how you were fighting off rabid moneys while reassembling your 1911 and killed them with your bare hands, but couldn't wash up before completing your reassembly? Lol.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on who you're telling the story to. If its a hot chick then you were involved in protecting someone's grandmother from an armed car jacking.

merkinman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have taken ALUMNA-HYDE sprayed it on a trimmed Q-tip and filled it in, will hide 75%. Clean it first with NON acetone nail polish remover. Fill it then wait a week, I spray all my guns with Beachwood Barracade and let them hang dry for a couple days. You may also have to mix 1-3 colors to get the right shade(ie Matt Black, Dark Park Gray, Ruger Gray). Good luck with project, anyone that says they haven't scratched a weapon is like a boat Cap't that has never run aground, they are either lying or have never left the dock!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha ha That is true, but I sure hate it to be there, and it really shows up good on parkerized guns.

Top Bottom