• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Over the last little bit i have been noticing people displaying that they carry. I have seen shirts at bass pro that read "keep calm and carry" , when i first saw them i figured nobody would actually buy them but just the last 2 weeks i have seen 3 different people wearing shirts that suggest that they are carrying and 2 stickers on cars that read the same "keep calm and carry on" slogan with silhouettes of pistols above.
    Just seems kind of weird, i just look at is as basically carrying openly because everytime ive seen somebody with one of the shirts i always look to see if i can see any print of their weapon. haha

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'd open carry if it was allowed. Much easier to carry that way. The shirts are ghey. Saw an iPack car sticker the other day. Clever, but also ghey. JMO.

I guess it might keep you from getting knocked out, but at the same time, I'd love a crack at the Godless little bastards.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah a couple stickers on the truck is good enough for me. Clever but not for me. I'd rather look innocent and surprise the mess out of a punk.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since Ian carried a couple of the GCGF shirts around in his truck waiting for me to pick them up and pay him, I feel obligated to wear them and I wear them often. Other than wearing the shirts, I don't advertise that I'm carrying. I also don't use the stickers sent to me by the NRA. No use it asking for your vehicle to be broken into.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I drive a Jeep with a soft top. Learned on my first Jeep to NEVER lock the doors. Also, NEVER carry anything valuable inside or give an idea that there may be valuables inside. No bumper stickers of any sort on it at all! No gun T-shirts worn anywhere other than to the gun shows. No big, expensive lift kit, no flashy chrome bumpers, no loud colors. And it's rarely even ever washed and waxed. I blend as much as possible into the herd of sheep.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would not wear a shirt like that, or have a sticker on the truck, or open carry for that matter, you are just making yourself a target and may be the first guy the bad guy shoots, just because...I know I would

That is why armed guards were taken out of banks, the first guy killed was the one carrying a gun.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, yall pretty much covered it. No stickers on truck, no shirts glorifying carry. I think it's dumb.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Certainly you have to be careful about advertising what you have and your intentions. As I mentioned before I only have the one GCGF decal on my personal truck. I think thats probably fine since I never take that vehicle into questionable areas of town.

For those of you that feel the need to splash NRA, Glock, "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy" bumper stickers and the like all over something may I suggest you follow my lead: slap em on your wife's car. Momma's Xterra looks like a rolling billboard for the SHOT show. I can pick that sucker out in traffic a mile away.

Also, for the sake of caution (remember! Safety 2nd!) anytime we find it necessary to travel to the downtown area I suggest we take her car. "Honey, let's take your ride today. I want to see if I can figure out that funny noise you mentioned".

It just takes a little forethought to not be a victim.

BruceWayne

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heck I'm cautious of what I post on this message board. Never know when the next criminal is trolling along... I'm the anti sticker on everything that i own.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its like anything. Those Apple stickers you got with your iPod? Yeah, theyre cool. But thats the first thing they look for when they are casing cars at the mall parking lot, or when they are walking through your neighborhood in the middle of the night. I dont like bumper stickers or decals to begin with.

Being from Chicago, you dont advertise anything more than what youre wearing already.

As for the topic of CC, I dont know if its the new "cool thing" to do. But its not concealed if youre advertising, and that defeats the purpose. Doesnt it? Very few people around me know that I carry. And thats the point of it.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ive got nra and gcgf stickers on my rides. havent been broken into yet. not gonna worry about it either. i wish we could open carry too. its a pain in the ass trying to conceal a descent size gun.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i like that jaw dropping element of surprise. I think it's an advantage.
    The last thing I want to happen is to have to use my weapon and when the sheriff shows up I'm wearing a t-shirt that says:
    "I'm packing and proud of it!" or "Protected by GLOCK, S&W, COLT, Large Guns, and Attack Dogs" or "I'm an old man and I'll just shoot you"
    A field day for the poor little precious criminals lawyer.
    Better to be subtle, covert, and low profile. Although a case can be made for open carry and the deterrent factor.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, I do not like to carry open or concealed, I just wish we could all get along.:grouphug:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know it is but a dream, and I do carry out of necessity, just yesterday I thought my life was about to be in danger again. Young thug, baggy britches, gold teeth , and hands in his britches asking questions about if the rocket launcher came with bullets and could he get it without papers? he kept pointing wanting me to turn my back to him, but I just stood there and let him see my carry a little, he then rambles " ahhh dems jus fake guns da all fake " and leaves.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a NRA magnet and a Afghan vet magnet on my soft top Jeep. The only thing worth money is an old Tom tom and a mag light. I don't wear those "I carry" shirts or any other "I'm a tactical dude" shirts. I have nothing against it, it's just not my style and most are T-shirts, which aren't conducive to concealing a Glock 17. I do wear 5-11 pants and shorts, but that's because I got an allowance to buy them in Afghanistan and they have pockets in all the places I prefer.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, I do not like to carry open or concealed, I just wish we could all get along.
    That would certainly be nice but unfortunately people have been having to carry weapons for protection for as long as humans have been on this earth. From stone tipped spears to today's hand guns.

The last thing I want to happen is to have to use my weapon and when the sheriff shows up I'm wearing a t-shirt that says:
    "I'm packing and proud of it!" or "Protected by GLOCK, S&W, COLT, Large Guns, and Attack Dogs" or "I'm an old man and I'll just shoot you"
    A field day for the poor little precious criminals lawyer.
    Better to be subtle, covert, and low profile. Although a case can be made for open carry and the deterrent factor.

Shoot, it's not like the thug wasn't warned before he attacked you. It's the perfect defense. I mean, you're wearing a bill board that tells all would be attackers to move along. Is it your fault they didn't listen? No. It's as good as locking yourself in your room and screaming through the door that you are armed and not to advance any farther. :peace:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom