How can I visit this forum without seeing an ad/banners like this one:

Attachments

• girls on line.jpg
      girls on line.jpg
      17.4 KB · Views: 107
    Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Ads are powered by your search history and cookies on your computer sometimes. So if you have been reading a lot of articles about zimmerman etc... it will show you "anything" related even though it may not seem related to you.

Garpo

Master
    Just cleared out my history and cookies and the damn ad still appears. :dizzy:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Hit the X on the top right that says " Mute this Ad " for some reason right now it is trying to sell me luxury purses... Hugh... have you been using my pc again?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Right click the ad and give me the URL, I can go in and block it from being shown on the forum through the adsense software.

SouthBound

Expert
    Firefox with Ad Blocker... problem solved... no ads

I actually don't have to worry about any ads at home because I use Untangle as a firewall and have it blocking them all.

I did notice that ad when I was playing on a wifi and I clicked on it, filled it out and got the results. (disposable email address of course). Funny how democrat is 7% and that's about where the anti-gun votes are as well...

http://personalliberty.com/poll-results-should-stand-your-ground-law-be-repealed/

1) In the wake of the Zimmerman not guilty verdict, do you think “Stand Your Ground” laws need to be repealed?
    6% voted: Yes, it is a dangerous law that needs to be repealed.
    93% voted: No, a citizen that feels threatened should have a legal right to defend himself without fear of prosecution.
    0% voted: Not Sure.

2) Do you think “Stand Your Ground” laws make an armed citizen more likely to use deadly force to diffuse a situation?
    7% voted: Yes, I believe the laws are turning law abiding citizens into outlaws by making it legal to shoot first and ask questions later.
    93% voted: No, I believe most gun owners are responsible enough to know when a situation deems the use of deadly force.
    1% voted: Not Sure.

3) In the wake of an increase in “self-defense” claims as a result of “Stand Your Ground” laws, do you think it’s time for stricter gun laws?
    92% voted: No, no change to gun laws is needed.
    6% voted: Yes, less access to guns would save lives.
    2% voted: Not Sure.

4) Do you think “Stand Your Ground” laws make a state’s citizens safer?
    91% voted: Yes.
    8% voted: No.

5) Which political party do you most closely align with philosophically?
    7% voted: Democrat
    30% voted: Republican
    7% voted: Libertarian
    22% voted: Tea Party
    26% voted: Independent
    8% voted: Other

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Firefox with Ad Blocker... problem solved... no ads

I actually don't have to worry about any ads at home because I use Untangle as a firewall and have it blocking them all.

I did notice that ad when I was playing on a wifi and I clicked on it, filled it out and got the results. (disposable email address of course). Funny how democrat is 7% and that's about where the anti-gun votes are as well...

http://personalliberty.com/poll-results-should-stand-your-ground-law-be-repealed/

1) In the wake of the Zimmerman not guilty verdict, do you think “Stand Your Ground” laws need to be repealed?
    6% voted: Yes, it is a dangerous law that needs to be repealed.
    93% voted: No, a citizen that feels threatened should have a legal right to defend himself without fear of prosecution.
    0% voted: Not Sure.

2) Do you think “Stand Your Ground” laws make an armed citizen more likely to use deadly force to diffuse a situation?
    7% voted: Yes, I believe the laws are turning law abiding citizens into outlaws by making it legal to shoot first and ask questions later.
    93% voted: No, I believe most gun owners are responsible enough to know when a situation deems the use of deadly force.
    1% voted: Not Sure.

3) In the wake of an increase in “self-defense” claims as a result of “Stand Your Ground” laws, do you think it’s time for stricter gun laws?
    92% voted: No, no change to gun laws is needed.
    6% voted: Yes, less access to guns would save lives.

4) Do you think “Stand Your Ground” laws make a state’s citizens safer?
    91% voted: Yes.
    8% voted: No.

5) Which political party do you most closely align with philosophically?
    7% voted: Democrat
    30% voted: Republican
    7% voted: Libertarian
    22% voted: Tea Party
    26% voted: Independent
    8% voted: Other

Under most circumstances I would agree, but in this particular case since I pay the bills I don't, the ad revenue covers site costs and if they are blocked then they aren't ;).

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Hit the X on the top right that says " Mute this Ad " for some reason right now it is trying to sell me luxury purses... Hugh... have you been using my pc again?

If I had, do you honestly think it would be purses??? :whistle:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.383643516_g1ub.jpg
      il_fullxfull.383643516_g1ub.jpg
      273.5 KB · Views: 159

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    You will join me, resistance is futile!

So you say... My family has had better luck with Ford's over the years. My dad generally gets a new truck every two years. He got a GM a couple years ago and it didn't even make it a year before he traded it back in for a Ford. It didn't even have 30K miles on it and started burning oil like crazy.

Plus Ford's have air conditioned seats :first:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    So you say... My family has had better luck with Ford's over the years. My dad generally gets a new truck every two years. He got a GM a couple years ago and it didn't even make it a year before he traded it back in for a Ford. It didn't even have 30K miles on it and started burning oil like crazy.

Plus Ford's have air conditioned seats :first:

We run some fords and some GM vehicles in our fleet, and honestly it seems about 6 to one and half dozen to the other in terms of how they run and longevity. We get a whole lotta mileage out of GM 4.3 V6's, the two Ford 3.0 V6's we had (maybe 3.3, I can't remember) didn't do so well. We have also had a couple of the 4.0/ 5 speed manual F150's that have 250k plus miles on them without too much hassle with the exception of a rusting coolant pipe on the intake manifolds on them and a couple of things here and there.

And GM vehicles have heated / cooled seats too :usa:

The oil burning truck had to have been an LS motor... they tend to do that... haha. A friend of mine had an '00 Camaro with an LS1 that was called 'ole smokey, looked like he was James Bond laying down the smoke screen when he'd race it.

Members online

Top Bottom