• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    No question here gents as it’s in my screen name and my blood, it weighs 23 lbs, comes with a quick change barrel and a special glove, can be carried or mounted on a tripod with the T&E for no look taking care of business. If you stand next to me while I’m firing you can feel it in your jewels lol. Nothing else even comes close. If I see it I can hit it. Quick story if I may. 1990 preparing for Iraq, training with SF at Fort Dix, NJ. I hadn’t shined like I normally did, passed land nav, got sand kicked in my face, middle of the pack on the M16 pop up range and night fire. M60 day comes and it’s my turn. SFC standing over me as I am prone with the bipod deployed. Alright Smitty he says, 400 meters engage! Dug dug dug dug dug, 600 meters engage! Dug dug dug dug, 800 meters engage! Dug dug dug dug dug all hits every time. Destroying the range markers. Are you a farking 60 Gunner?? Yes Sergeant First Class! Get the F$&@ off my range!! LOL ETA - closest thing I ever got to an attaboy. They would run us five miles every morning in formation, lots of throwing up. I never did cause I wouldn’t eat dinner LOL.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...but this is more along the lines of because of aesthetics, sentimental (Grandaddies), cool factor, or one maybe you can’t afford. What would it be ?
    I think a few of us caught this in the original post haha.

Mine is a Finland M39. I have had one for years, I like the look and feel of it, and the history behind it.

Reactions: ccc

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well think of it as bug out zombie apocalypse time....you can only take one girlfriend and her belongings ,now apply that to the weapon...only one with ammo
    So, I'm still gonna have to do all the distasteful things, the heavy lifting, and be still be 30 minutes late for everything. Check.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Well think of it as bug out zombie apocalypse time....you can only take one girlfriend and her belongings ,now apply that to the weapon...only one with ammo
    I might miss her?? But from what I already own; I'd have at least 1 308 rifle and my MKII slab side, and there's always room in my pocket for my DA38. Well I guess I don't win either...
    Might as well say "if you could only have 1 truck"???

SlimSights

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    HK 300 22 magnum semi auto
    My granddaddy has one and it’s been good for everything from snakes and rodents, to hogs and those things that run wild with white tails! And it would perform in an end times situation. He said back when he bought it, HK was advertising it as a guerrilla warfare weapon. It being easy to break down, ultra reliable, and accepting multiple capacity mags. You have to do the thinking on ammo=weight to lug. 1000 rounds of 22 wmr vs 1000 rounds of anything else. And the ballistics blow long rifle out of the water. This is all just my opinion however. To each his own. The HK 300 is also a beautiful piece of artwork. He ask me one time what I wanted in his will, I was slow to answer “Your HK?” He just grinned real big.

Top Bottom