IDPA match this weekend at ERGC - what is your preference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When would you like to have a rifle/pistol match?

• This Sunday, Oct 19th

Votes: 5 27.8%
    • Next Saturday, Oct 25th

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guys, as I alluded to before, this month we will have a regular pistol match with some type of pistol side match and a Rifle/pistol match as is run by the U.S. Carbine Association. This will consist of primary rifle with pistol transitions for all three stages, maybe four stages if we don't consider a side match, which probably won't be necessary if this type of match is run.

Would you rather have the Rifle/Pistol match this coming Sunday or on the Saturday match? Maybe Ian or Brant can set up another poll. I'll go with the majority. Pass the word so we can get the largest response possible, then I'll post the declaration Thursday or Friday so you'll know what to bring, but of course those of you who are ALWAYS PREPARED, won't be caught by surprise anyway :madgrin:

Mike Robinette
    jmrobinette@reagan.com

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the idea of 4 stages of rifle and pistol transitions and no side match. Consider that my vote sir

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guys, as I alluded to before, this month we will have a regular pistol match with some type of pistol side match and a Rifle/pistol match as is run by the U.S. Carbine Association. This will consist of primary rifle with pistol transitions for all three stages, maybe four stages if we don't consider a side match, which probably won't be necessary if this type of match is run.

Would you rather have the Rifle/Pistol match this coming Sunday or on the Saturday match? Maybe Ian or Brant can set up another poll. I'll go with the majority. Pass the word so we can get the largest response possible, then I'll post the declaration Thursday or Friday so you'll know what to bring, but of course those of you who are ALWAYS PREPARED, won't be caught by surprise anyway :madgrin:

Mike Robinette
    jmrobinette@reagan.com

Poll created.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Voted and for purely selfish reasons chose next weekend. I need to buy, mount and sight in a new red dot on the race gun before I can play.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I voted for next weekend also. Just because it will be nice to have a little more time to prepare. And I have to switch some sling mounts around.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I vote for next Sat. But would like to see more 4 stage pistol matches in the future.

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess if this takes place next Saturday, it will give me time to trade in my ten year old (6 to 8 thousand round count) AR's for a new shinier race version.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Levi, I've got a couple that could be race-ified pretty easily. PM me what you've got if your interested.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ok, time to show my ignorance yet again. What does it take to make a "race" gun?

Generally, All you need is a long free float rail for accuracy and a straight arm hold, a light drop in trigger and a compensator. You could always add other stuff like a fixed stock and an adjustable gas block. Really, features with no other purpose than to increase increase speed, control and accuracy.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want your mind blown and a visual, go to Google, select photos, then type in 1911 race gun. Sit down and be prepared to be blown away with what is out there. Most of them things don't even resemble 1911's anymore lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
    Top Bottom