• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    but I like this place so far.

I'm John. I'm gettin' old. I live in Baldwin County, AL too damn close to Stanley. :peep: (J/K Stanley-no offense)
    My current job is Field Service Engineer in the industrial automation field. If it moves we can build it, control it, and track it. The company is nudging me into early retirement due to my skills no longer being needed because of a change in business direction. In other words, you are too old. That fine. I'm tired of traveling anyway.

Married for almost 30 years, 4 kids but lost a 30 year old son to alcohol/oxycontin 3 years ago. 10 or 11 grandkids, I'm not sure. Hard to keep up. Born and raised all over Alabama and lived here except for 6 years USAF and 10 years in the Bradenton, FL area.

My dad bought me a Western Auto bolt action .410 over 50 years ago and I have been shooting/hunting ever since. Courtesy of the US Air Force I got to fulfill many hunting dreams by being stationed in Montana for nearly four years. I killed a dump truck full of prairie dogs, a pickup full of coyotes and foxes, another pickup full of jack rabbits, pheasant, chuckar, prairie chickens, mule deer, whitetails, and a pronghorn antelope. Never got a bear or elk but I got the crap scared out of me by a bear as big as a VW Beetle. I have been reloading since about 1972 with the same Rock Chucker press. Mostly just my hunting loads. I just try to find bulk deals for fun shooting. I have an assortment of hunting guns and a couple for social work if pushed into it. My fun guns are Colt M4, STI Spartan .45, and I like breaking clays of any kind but I'm no ace. I can put a hurtin' on you on a dove field.

Thanks to Ben and Ian for starting this place. I like it much better than the other place. Let's keep it going in the same direction.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for being a part of the community John.

I'd worry too... with that pink 50 cal, Stanley has quite a range! :D

How do you like that STI spartan? I have a customized STI Ranger II that is a really nice gun, definitely underrated.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    but I like this place so far.

I'm John. I'm gettin' old. I live in Baldwin County, AL too damn close to Stanley. :peep: (J/K Stanley-no offense)

Thanks to Ben and Ian for starting this place. I like it much better than the other place. Let's keep it going in the same direction.

I see my rain of ridiculessness precedes me! And no worries I have to really hate someone to use that .50 on them at @$8 a shot!!!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Spartan is right there at the top of all the off the shelf 1911s that I have ever handled and there have been more than a few. I was amazed by the stock trigger pull and accuracy. I'm no competition shooter but I shoot better with it than any other 1911 I have fired. There is no slop in the slide or bushing like so many other 1911s. The finish may not be as rugged as some as I am already seeing some holster wear but that does not bother me. I buy firearms to use, not display. The next time I go looking for a 1911 STI will be at the top of the list.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome John! Sorry for the closeness to stan but everyone has a burden to bear...

Just to B clear U R all guilty bye assosiation!!! If i go down Im for sure taking u with me Frank...Hahahahahahahahahha

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Spartan is right there at the top of all the off the shelf 1911s that I have ever handled and there have been more than a few. I was amazed by the stock trigger pull and accuracy. I'm no competition shooter but I shoot better with it than any other 1911 I have fired. There is no slop in the slide or bushing like so many other 1911s. The finish may not be as rugged as some as I am already seeing some holster wear but that does not bother me. I buy firearms to use, not display. The next time I go looking for a 1911 STI will be at the top of the list.

Sounds like your experience matches mine. Very nice guns, mine has been bob-tailed and refinished along with the barrel and hammer polished. Runs great.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was intending to buy one of their compact .45s for carry but that may get postponed with the unexpected retirement looming.

I have been looking for one of the STI rogues on and off for a while. Finally kinda gave up though. Its an ultra compact 9mm, very cool.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only store I have ever seen with STIs in stock was Shooters in Jacksonville and they only had a couple. This was 2 years ago before I moved back to Alabama.

davedownsouth

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey John! I don't do intros either, but we may be neighbors in a couple of years. My GF of (6)? yrs is from Mobile and is getting her Master's here in NC. I've visited Alabama numerous times and like Baldwin County. So, when she gets a job there (11 years teaching in Saraland), we'll be moving. My best friend there, her father, died this past summer and his name was John.

I'm a retired HVAC contractor. I don't get to shot or fish much due to a disease similar to Lyme's, plus back injuries and severe osteoarthritis. Well, so much for no intros, TMI. Hope to see yall when I get down there. BTW, I come via PFF.

Top Bottom