• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbud

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I need a new bolt for my bolt action rifle made. Does anyone know of a company in the greater Pensacola area that manufactures bolts?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It would really be great to know what kind of bolt 1/4-28 for action how long or one for the rec.with the fireing pin in it. even a pit. of it.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't believe. N. gun parts will have one If you have to have it head spaced. Check with Pacific tool and die. If they don't have one they can tell you what to do. Get ready to spend some money. You will end up sending the hold thing to have it head spaced; Just my 50 cents, jj be ready to give them more information than just.. it is a Weatherby Vanguard

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You can't get a bolt you will need to have it head SPACED. You haven't said any thing about if you have a firing- pin /ext. /eject//Spring. /// and the shroud, . if not and Weatherby will do it all for 300 you had better take them up on it just my 100 cents jj and I haven't covered every thing get it takes, If you need bolt send send it to them. Good night.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. They make them. Just seeing if they had anyone close that had milling capability. But that seems to be no. So, I guess you don t build bolts for rifles?
    Its not a normal practice even for a gunsmith. Theres heat treating involved and then theres the weatherby locking lug footprint. A gunsmith can definitely fit a bolt properly, but making one would be so many man hours, it would exceed the cost of the rifle.

Kbud

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I can find a bolt for like a 125 bucks from weatherby that fits the gun. Are you aware of a gunsmith that could do the additional work?

Latest posts

Top Bottom