• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjenkins

Shooter
    Gorilla is where I saw some for 60 a box. I swear a few months ago it was alot higher. Maybe not though. I don't know much about that new round.

Fathertime

Marksman
    The highest I have seen it was $69.00 a box at a pawn shop not far from here. Online the two that Calaway offer are $51.00 and 59.00. Supposed to be really good ammunition.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Winchester open tip 200gr subsonic $220 a case on SGammo. They shoot 1 MOA out of my 10”/13”/16” guns and are prefect for Pigs/Deer/varmits/pests

LordPorter1

Expert
    In my experience 110 grain bullets supersonic are very accurate out of all barrel lengths. My barrels are Bergara, Daniel defense and CMMG. I will say I don’t recommend .308 bullets the Ojive and longer length on the heavier bullets didn’t do well in my guns. The shorter flatter bullets (look like 7.69x39 when not loaded) perform much better. The seller & Bellot 200 gr subs worked great also. I found the ranges between 110-200 opened up and between 200-220. The recovered 220 gr .308 bullets completely failed they didn’t expand at all. So why pay the money? They are to expensive to be FMJs

LordPorter1

Expert
    I just got a 8” Q Fix, I haven’t shot it yet but the ammo for it is a shot to the boys. It comes with a free Can right now but it’s a 6-9 month wait on production and then the wait for the stamp to come back. I will eventually do a 300 Blk out review vs the 8.6 suppressed and unsuppressed. They are really completely different beasts though my fix is a 8” barrel bolt gun and my 13” is a break barrel so not really a fair comp but best I can do

Daezee

Master
    Regarding magazines: I use both 5.56 and 300 Blk (bought on sale) mags. Recommend testing each mag before you use it for “serious” purposes. Have had failures to feed 1st round when a 30 round mag was loaded to capacity. When hunting I use a 20 round mag with 18 rounds in it where legal.

Fathertime

Marksman
    I just got a 8” Q Fix, I haven’t shot it yet but the ammo for it is a shot to the boys. It comes with a free Can right now but it’s a 6-9 month wait on production and then the wait for the stamp to come back. I will eventually do a 300 Blk out review vs the 8.6 suppressed and unsuppressed. They are really completely different beasts though my fix is a 8” barrel bolt gun and my 13” is a break barrel so not really a fair comp but best I can do
    I have contacted several dealers about the free can turnaround and all have told me that their experience was less than 8 weeks some said they had customers get their can in 3 weeks. One told me that since this last offer that there have been a lot of people jump on the deal so we will see.

LordPorter1

Expert
    I have contacted several dealers about the free can turnaround and all have told me that their experience was less than 8 weeks some said they had customers get their can in 3 weeks. One told me that since this last offer that there have been a lot of people jump on the deal so we will see.
    I just got an email from Liam at Q, he said they are getting close to ship but all the FFLs SOT’s just expired and they need the 2025 copies now. I requested the SOT from Gulf Coast Guns and they told me that Q has to reach out and get it. I Guess some dealers hand them over or proactively send them out. Transfer fee is $125 for me. I bought mine in mid June so 8 weeks so far seems on par.

Attachments

• IMG_3860.png
      IMG_3860.png
      585.4 KB · Views: 12

Fathertime

Marksman
    I just got an email from Liam at Q, he said they are getting close to ship but all the FFLs SOT’s just expired and they need the 2025 copies now. I requested the SOT from Gulf Coast Guns and they told me that Q has to reach out and get it. I Guess some dealers hand them over or proactively send them out. Transfer fee is $125 for me. I bought mine in mid June so 8 weeks so far seems on par.
    Hey thanks for posting the response from Q I will be checking with my FFL to see if I need to reply. The FFL I used is a Q dealer so hopefully this has already been taken care of.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Hey thanks for posting the response from Q I will be checking with my FFL to see if I need to reply. The FFL I used is a Q dealer so hopefully this has already been taken care of.
    Good luck to you, looks like it’s moving pretty fast so seems like good news!

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I'm in the same boat, B&T Rotex bought and paid for, seller and LGS are waiting on 2025 SOT. LGS doesn't have a kiosk, but recommended I go set up my trust at one. Get paid tomorrow night, I could possibly go Thursday morning, but I'll probably wait until next Tuesday.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I'm in the same boat, B&T Rotex bought and paid for, seller and LGS are waiting on 2025 SOT. LGS doesn't have a kiosk, but recommended I go set up my trust at one. Get paid tomorrow night, I could possibly go Thursday morning, but I'll probably wait until next Tuesday.
    You'll be rolling around in bed thinking about it....

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    With all the Surefire muzzle devices I own, I was pretty sick I couldn't find my RC2 in stock anywhere. B&T made an agreement with Surefire to make an adapter! I think I bought the last (non-Ti) B&T 762 in stock anywhere?? My LGS told me to wait until after they got their '25 SOT, nope, I scooped it up! I'm pretty patient, I won't lose sleep, until I know it's on the shelf waiting for me...

LordPorter1

Expert
    Man, you might have started something that is worth an entire new thread. I am a collector, my kids are young and my new wife (in her late 20’s) is from NY. So I have around 5 cans. I do NOT have a trust. They push and push and push for them. If I died, my kids aren’t ready for the cans (maybe worth adding to their inheritance) my wife wouldn’t know what to do with them. So do I let the $5k go when I die to the man or do I pay a lawyer $1-2k to make a trust? Would love to hear from someone that didn’t do it because their SOT dealer told them too (might currently believe it’s because it makes it easier on them) please educate me.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Man, you might have started something that is worth an entire new thread. I am a collector, my kids are young and my new wife (in her late 20’s) is from NY. So I have around 5 cans. I do NOT have a trust. They push and push and push for them. If I died, my kids aren’t ready for the cans (maybe worth adding to their inheritance) my wife wouldn’t know what to do with them. So do I let the $5k go when I die to the man or do I pay a lawyer $1-2k to make a trust? Would love to hear from someone that didn’t do it because their SOT dealer told them too (might currently believe it’s because it makes it easier on them) please educate me.
    This is my very 1st suppressor, using a Silencer shop kiosk seems the easiest way to go, it can take your finger prints, picture and even pay your stamp. My LGS is a SOT and a silencer shop affiliate, but no kiosk, they even told me that's what they do to buy their personal cans. You don't have to have a trust to leave your class III items to blood relatives or spouse, they just have to fill out an NFA form 5 and receive it tax free, but to be safe I'd have that specified in a will. From my understanding, for you to transfer what you have into a trust, you will have to pay another $200 each item! I'm doing a trust because my son is 36 and he'll have access to it as soon as everything is in place. I'm learning as I go along, but happy to share any info.

LordPorter1

Expert
    This is my very 1st suppressor, using a Silencer shop kiosk seems the easiest way to go, it can take your finger prints, picture and even pay your stamp. My LGS is a SOT and a silencer shop affiliate, but no kiosk, they even told me that's what they do to buy their personal cans. You don't have to have a trust to leave your class III items to blood relatives or spouse, they just have to fill out an NFA form 5 and receive it tax free, but to be safe I'd have that specified in a will. From my understanding, for you to transfer what you have into a trust, you will have to pay another $200 each item! I'm doing a trust because my son is 36 and he'll have access to it as soon as everything is in place. I'm learning as I go along, but happy to share any info.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, I was missing that if you have other people that want to use them without you present that you have to get the trust to add them. That makes perfect sense! Also good to know about the ability to transfer to blood relatives I was not aware of that. Thank you for sharing!

Top Bottom