• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    I prefer a manual transfer switch with a portable genny. Yeah, the whole-house automatics are nice, when they work, but I've heard/read too many stories of control boards failing just when you need them most. Good luck getting a tech out in the immediate aftermath of a hurricane. The portable option is a little more work and a lot less convenient, but if it dies you can roll it out of the way and roll a new one into place pretty easily.
    After Ivan our power was out for 13 days. My buddy brought me a generator on the 2nd evening so we could run our freezer overnight night. The next day at 3:00 AM my wife was at Lowe’s in Crestview when the truck came with a load of generators. When my buddy came to get his generator we had our own. Even if you have a whole house generator with all the problems we’ve heard about having a portable generator is a great idea for just in case. Then if you don’t need it you could let a friend borrow it for a few hours to run there freezer.

ccc

Master
    They are now saying even if it hits big bend we would still see 40-50 mph gusts and 5-9” of rain. Still too early to call, it could shift and be a direct hit on us.

Top Bottom