Hunting, Cold bore, cold shooter, clean bore.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    How many of you have shot a deer, yote or other target and thought " I DID NOT aim there"
    Sometimes it's just buck, critter fever but maybe it's not.
    Daezee just posted about cooling the barrel while setting his sights and I remembered I wanted to talk about this.
    I have experienced this on a few rifles. With variances as much as 4 inches @ 100.
    We all adjust our scopes the same way, bang, adjust, bang, adjust, 6x or more times then get it right, and fire again to check. Then clean the rifle and throw back in the case for 3 months till critter season.
    100% of the time at least deer hunting it's gonna be a clean, cold bore shot then hopefully done.
    It's definitely worth checking your rifle before your target shows up.
    As the weather cools off its gonna be an extra cold shot.
    Also cold shooter is a thing to think about. Improper check weld, not pulling the rifle tight, resting the rifle on something etc. All these things will effect accuracy add to that fussy scope eye boxes.
    Alot of times I've noticed, I'm taking a shot at a bad angle because the deer decided to walk out on my far right or left add that to the equation. Because your not shooting off a benchrest, bog pod straight ahead like you practiced.
    Just some ramblings, YMMV.

Top Bottom