How many rounds do you think are in this can?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tre

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I bought these about a decade ago and I can't remember what the round count is. Anyone have any idea? I'm trying to sell these and I've currently got them price as if they have 440 rounds in them but someone pointed out that they might only be 300 rounds per can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220404_152905.jpg
      20220404_152905.jpg
      763.8 KB · Views: 119

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Probably 440 rounds?

Here’s a webpage that goes through all of the markings on 7.62x54R spam cans:

Seems like your cans have some repainted markings, but there are still legible faded markings. You’d be in the best position to compare the cans to the various possibles on that webpage.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was wondering that as well, is that packaged like that and sealed?

Post a picture from the side.

Have any measurements? I have a 440 7.62×54R Spam Can I could measure to compare and help.

Also makes me wonder if those are 7.62x39..

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a can of 7.62 x 54R like that not long ago,it was stored in a dry area for several years. I took it to sell at a gun show and one vendor was interested. He made me an acceptable offer but made a comment about it might be rotten. Of course I took offense but I told him lets have a look and if it’s rotten no charge. We opened it up and low and behold the ammo inside was nasty. Not worth even displaying. Moral to the story open it up it might not be worth saving.

Tre

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had a can of 7.62 x 54R like that not long ago,it was stored in a dry area for several years. I took it to sell at a gun show and one vendor was interested. He made me an acceptable offer but made a comment about it might be rotten. Of course I took offense but I told him lets have a look and if it’s rotten no charge. We opened it up and low and behold the ammo inside was nasty. Not worth even displaying. Moral to the story open it up it might not be worth saving.
    Your probably right. I just didn't want to have a whole bunch of loose ammo to deal with. And during my research into how many rounds might be in there I also learned that this style can is not as good as a "spam can ".

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I bought these about a decade ago and I can't remember what the round count is. Anyone have any idea? I'm trying to sell these and I've currently got them price as if they have 440 rounds in them but someone pointed out that they might only be 300 rounds per can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Did the guy who suggested the lesser round count make an offer based on his estimate over yous? I'd rather have the can unopened. Just my opinion.

Tre

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Did the guy who suggested the lesser round count make an offer based on his estimate over yous? I'd rather have the can unopened. Just my opinion.
    He did not make an offer. He was just giving a friendly heads-up.

If I was buying this stuff I would prefer it unopened too but as the seller I feel responsible for making sure the buyer is getting what they pay for. I'd feel incredibly shitty if someone bought this, took it home, opened it up, and found out that there is less than what I said or the ammo is in poor condition.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That would be me and no,,,
    I already have many of the 440rd olive green spam cans and did a bit of research being I’ve never seen 7.62x54 in cans like those.
    My research showed 300rds and made in the late 1940’s WITH Mosin Nagant Stripper Clips,,,,and like Father Time said,,,,,,,it might be ugly.
    Open and see???

Last edited:

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He did not make an offer. He was just giving a friendly heads-up.

If I was buying this stuff I would prefer it unopened too but as the seller I feel responsible for making sure the buyer is getting what they pay for. I'd feel incredibly shitty if someone bought this, took it home, opened it up, and found out that there is less than what I said or the ammo is in poor condition.
    Advertise it as build back better ammo then.

A video would be really cool. Find out everything you can on it & Get it on YouTube. I think a lot of people would find it interesting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom