• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I am horrified, I found out my NIB SA 1911A1 is NOT US made. Now it has to go, and it was a present from my wife.

Please tell me the XDs are not foreign made.

Rick

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My brazilian SA 1911 is a great shooter, but I too was a little bit surprised to see its origin.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is this such a big deal?

Not a big deal to me really, but when the website has a tagline saying " The First Name In American Firearms " that sorta leads me to think that a Springfield 1911 is made in the US, looking at the pictures on their site, they all have Geneso, IL roll marks on the frame so maybe they are all made in the US now?

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SA doesn't make hardly anything in the US. The only US made stuff comes out of the custom shop. XDs are out of Croatia, 1911s from Brazil and the M1As are South Korean parts.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is this such a big deal?

Because I thought my entire collection, save a few Glocks, was US made. I sold/traded anything that wasn't, once I settled on only US made for my safe occupants. I've had this one for over 12 years and a fellow shooter had to enlighten me on it's country of manufacture.

Rick

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because I thought my entire collection, save a few Glocks, was US made. I sold/traded anything that wasn't, once I settled on only US made for my safe occupants. I've had this one for over 12 years and a fellow shooter had to enlighten me on it's country of manufacture.

Rick

I assume you shoot it, and you like it. Why should this change how you feel about the gun after twelve years? It was good enough then, and now, it's not?

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of my collection is commie design, but that doesn't make me one. I'm a capitalist and buy the best value for the money, which makes me more 'Merican if you ask me.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of my collection is commie design, but that doesn't make me one. I'm a capitalist and buy the best value for the money, which makes me more 'Merican if you ask me.

Yes, best value, therein lies the rub. What you consider a value, I may not. I don't consider a gun that cost $200 to make and $100 to import, yet cost me $500, a value. I don't consider a $800 gun, with machine injection molded or stamped parts, a value.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my xds reads made in croatia on it. If you would like I can come pick up the gun and it can keep my xds company...

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, best value, therein lies the rub. What you consider a value, I may not. I don't consider a gun that cost $200 to make and $100 to import, yet cost me $500, a value. I don't consider a $800 gun, with machine injection molded or stamped parts, a value.
    I consider anything I buy, that works reliably, and can sell for the same, or more, at a later time to be a good value.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look guys, I never said any firearm other than US made was junk, there are plenty of high quality foreign made firearms, I own a couple of Glocks myself.

No, I haven't shot the Springfield, it is still NIB and I never really inspected it, just stuck it in the safe. I only assumed it was US made as all my Springfield rifles are. My bad for not researching it but I have other 45s to shoot so I wasn't in a hurry to shoot this one.

My niche in collecting is USGI military firearms, used to have them from all over the world but have sold or traded all of them for strictly US arms. So in following that theme I wanted all my safe occupants to be US made. This just my preference, not that I think all others are junk.

And no, there in no M-9 in my collection.

Rick

Last edited:

danf_fl

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

You don't like the idea that your gun was not American made, but overlook the idea that it came from Illinois (one of the most gun hating states)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom