Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Homeowner Finds Guns Buried in Backyard

Raven

Master
Reaction score
I’d be metal detecting every square inch of that yard after that discovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They must have already been metal detecting. Who "plants a tree" that close to a brick wall? If not metal detectors, then something else had already tipped them off to start digging there. Oh, and I'm willing to bet they did keep some of it, like the ammo. Where's the ammo? You cant tell me that the John Connor wannabe that buried these didn't bury any ammo with them. Or edged weapons.

Welldoya

Master
Reaction score
I agree there’s more to this than planting a tree.
But I don’t think the guy that buried the guns meant for them to be in the ground for long. Either that or he was disposing of them and didn’t plan to return.

FrommerStop

Master
Reaction score
They must have already been metal detecting. Who "plants a tree" that close to a brick wall? If not metal detectors, then something else had already tipped them off to start digging there. Oh, and I'm willing to bet they did keep some of it, like the ammo. Where's the ammo? You cant tell me that the John Connor wannabe that buried these didn't bury any ammo with them. Or edged weapons.
I agree with you but I will add that I have seen Satsumas planted very close to a house on the south side of a house in Pensacola.

tyfo

Expert
Reaction score

That’s a good point, definitely odd there not being any ammo included. Definitely possible that the new owner held onto some stuff and turned in “all” to still be a Good Samaritan, make the news, as well as to find out if they were hot. Ever seen magnet fishing on YouTube? People always pulling up guns from bridges and turning them in, usually super crusty and I doubt they’d even be able to recover any evidence at that point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustedBolt

Shooter
Reaction score
What I see is some serious gun "buy back" material. $1000 bucks easy in a big city. Turn it into a spanking new Glock ($700) of your choice and 28.6 rounds ($10.50/round) of ammo.

Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom