• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Go to a farm supply store to be put in touch with farmers. Pigs are nomads, hard to pattern them. I don't eat them, so I don't hunt them. I have 2 rottweilers, the only thing I've ever seen escape my yard is 1 possum so I've never had worry about them trying to get into our garden. But anyone having problems, would more than likely appreciate help getting rid of them.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had several conversations with a panhandle peanut farmer in which he revealed over and over that his worst time of the planting season was when new plants were sprouting. Hogs would just tear his fields up. Daytime hunting did not work; hogs are smart and went nocturnal. Consider, night vision, thermal, and supressors. JMO. There are better experts than I on here. They'll be along.

Last edited:

datboyhieu

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So hogs are deff smart they are hard to tag during the daytime but night time is when they really come out

Best thing is thermal to get that heat signature also if you can shoot suppress that’s also best too

Hogs have crazy good sense of smell and hearing so most hunters would be shooting hogs around 100-150yards coyotes also in that range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    So hogs are deff smart they are hard to tag during the daytime but night time is when they really come out

Best thing is thermal to get that heat signature also if you can shoot suppress that’s also best too

Hogs have crazy good sense of smell and hearing so most hunters would be shooting hogs around 100-150yards coyotes also in that range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And I'll add that both are nomads, always on the move, so hard to pattern unless you bait them (pigs). The yotes will be behind us a night or two, sometimes close, other times far, one or two nights a month, then in front, then we may go 2-3 months and not hear any. I have 2 rottweilers so they've never been in my front yard, but they came through the back and got all the cats one time.

BravoPapa

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I see hogs almost every time I hunt on eglin. Get an eglin permit and get out there. You’ll find them.

Top Bottom