• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I put a tarp on an RV Tuesday afternoon during a trip and when I removed it yesterday(Saturday) the front was stained. The trailer never moved while tarped so not scratched. The tarp was brand new in the wrapper brown tarp from tractor supply. I never would have thought it would be an issue in just a few days. The skin is either painted or anodized aluminum. I washed the front of the trailer yesterday when we got home but it still looks the same. Any detailed or RV gurus have any input? I figure some kind of auto polish and/or wax will be my next try. Thanks for any suggestions
    AE5D6B64-A427-4C97-B91B-B38099603388.jpeg
    FB50F735-276B-4D9A-89BD-D0EFD0AD348A.jpeg

Attachments

• B66DF412-1595-4DDE-B714-BD12FCD9DC89.jpeg
      B66DF412-1595-4DDE-B714-BD12FCD9DC89.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 69

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Try vinegar and water - It’s what retailers use to get rid of water spots.

it could be the heat/tarp messed up the wax or left some mineral deposit and vinegar will get rid of both.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Effects of heat under tarp ?? --- SAWMAN
    Concrete does the same thing when it's fresh and covered with plastic in the fear of rain. Heat pulls all the impurities to the surface. When the plastic is pulled off there is red clay streaks and designs all in the slab/driveway. Same blotchiness that's on your facia of the RV.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Try this product on a small inconspicuous area. I think it is mildly abrasive. It comes both original and extra power. I would stick with the original. Too much of a good thing, know what I mean? This suggestion was given to me by a detailer to remove the debris (crap) that water oaks leave on auto paint. It worked without much effort. Good luck.
    1627255340527.png

PINELOG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try a little LA awesome cleaner , which you can get at dollar tree , or the dollar store . Wet the area first then spray on full strength . Then use a wash brush and rinse off . Worked on my rv . Good luck.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Try a little LA awesome cleaner , which you can get at dollar tree , or the dollar store . Wet the area first then spray on full strength . Then use a wash brush and rinse off . Worked on my rv . Good luck.
    It can eat paint. I have done it to get black streets off my old hauler, but it also leaves puddles of white water everywhere when you are done. (Trailer was white)
    I'd use simple green to start, then maybe a polishing compound and a wax. Awesome is pretty awesome though!

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I put a tarp on an RV Tuesday afternoon during a trip and when I removed it yesterday(Saturday) the front was stained. The trailer never moved while tarped so not scratched. The tarp was brand new in the wrapper brown tarp from tractor supply. I never would have thought it would be an issue in just a few days. The skin is either painted or anodized aluminum. I washed the front of the trailer yesterday when we got home but it still looks the same. Any detailed or RV gurus have any input? I figure some kind of auto polish and/or wax will be my next try. Thanks for any suggestions View attachment 125655 View attachment 125656

Post here https://www.livinlite.com/forum/ and see what they say.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I tried vinegar and water mix as well as Bar Keepers Friend. Neither seemed to do anything. I stopped by Carpenters Campers and talked to a couple guys in their service dept. One recommended a product called Foremost. It was 18.99 a can. It comes out as a foam. He was adamant about not leaving it on more than a couple seconds. Spray a little section, let it sit for 2 seconds then wipe it off. It worked. I may have left it on for a couple more seconds but was very easy. If you look in the right light you can find the stain but we did not want to push our luck. After using the spray I immediately washed the camper with soap and then waxed the front for good measure. Thanks for the suggestions and maybe someone can use this info in the future.
    FA502F53-DEC6-40C2-BFCC-7C50BB5BB955.jpeg

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1

I'm consistently amazed and pleased by how well this stuff works. Haven't had any damage to anything I've tried it on (home/cars), but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Top Bottom