HD Tactical

Help me overcome my crippling anxiety about safe queens.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hey, GCGF. I'm the proud owner of a Belgium made tan SCAR-17 and a Desert Eagle 50. And an MP5K. And a KRSS Super V 9mm. Due to the irrational fear "of shooting rare-ish guns" I refuse to shoot them.

I'll shoot the hell out of my Glocks, Berettas, Taurus, CZ's PSAs, Bushmasters, Colts, Caniks, Various AK's and AR builds etc. And my Chonky Bois (Twin highpoint C9s) because they absolutely won't die.

Any of yall got decent land with a backstop who can entice me with whiskey and beers to bring them to your property so I, meaning WE can shoot them?

Maybe even throw some meat on the grill while we're at it? I live in Pensacola, FL. Days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm a OIF/OEF/GWOT veteran and current Florida LE if it matters. No rush on setting it up, I just need to overcome this irrational fear.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wish...

I can do up to 200 yds. at the house, rimfire only, or 100 yds centerfire-safe. Problem being, it's the in-laws' property (and my wife passed away nine years ago) and I already do enough shooting as it is. And did I mention that we have a communist that lives one lot over from the road-end of the driveway? I'm sure I'm already on her "list" : )

Gonzolee10

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    guns are meant to be shot! there's plenty of other things that don't have a purpose or a fun value if you want to collect things and not use them. In my opinion owning a gun and not shooting it is like owning a car and not ever driving it!

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Replace them with dinged, shot models then go blast and have fun. Without remorse about affecting collectable value. It's what I do.
    Or, just take care of them. If any of mine ever get a "torture test", it'll be when the chips are down : )

My 5926, bought over 30 years ago, with thousands of rounds through it, and carried most of that time... oh, and original finish : )

DSC09310webmod.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Or, just take care of them. If any of mine ever get a "torture test", it'll be when the chips are down : )

My 5926, bought over 30 years ago, with thousands of rounds through it, and carried most of that time... oh, and original finish : )

View attachment 257673
    S&W Sig. Never knew these existed. Crazy.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    S&W Sig. Never knew these existed. Crazy.
    Yep... Sig & Wesson. I switched to it from a 5904 primarily because I had a Harley at the time & didn't want to have to worry about it getting wet : )

Wish I had picked up a 10mm back in the day, but now they're rare as hen's teeth. S&W needs to bring them back, but with an optics cut and under-barrel rail... I'd be all in!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wish I could help, but I have the same issue.
    I got a S&W K-38 ,M-19, and SA 1911 MC Operator that never see the light of day.
    If I could get over the entry fee, I’d shoot a Mc operator till the barrel was a smooth bore.

I am afraid of touching my Belgium hi powers though, since my skin oil can rust a Glock slide

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey, GCGF. I'm the proud owner of a Belgium made tan SCAR-17 and a Desert Eagle 50. And an MP5K. And a KRSS Super V 9mm. Due to the irrational fear "of shooting rare-ish guns" I refuse to shoot them.

I'll shoot the hell out of my Glocks, Berettas, Taurus, CZ's PSAs, Bushmasters, Colts, Caniks, Various AK's and AR builds etc. And my Chonky Bois (Twin highpoint C9s) because they absolutely won't die.

Any of yall got decent land with a backstop who can entice me with whiskey and beers to bring them to your property so I, meaning WE can shoot them?

Maybe even throw some meat on the grill while we're at it? I live in Pensacola, FL. Days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm a OIF/OEF/GWOT veteran and current Florida LE if it matters. No rush on setting it up, I just need to overcome this irrational fear.

Thanks in advance.
    I am also intetested in such an arrangement/event, and will state right here I have no problem at all with being validated/vetted by true brothers via FTF comms. Standing by.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure that's where she came from... which makes no sense unless your goal was to be a snitch and/or an indoctrinator : )
    Broken and indoctrinated. Everyone has a breaking point/limit that varies by circumstance, but only the broken individual can decide/determine they will no longer live broken. Or not...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I don't own anything I won't shoot. That includes rare and antique guns. It's literally what they were made to do. If you can't convince yourself to shoot them, move 'em out and buy ammo to shoot what you shoot regularly... jmho, ymmv.

Top Bottom