• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtmcgeejr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oculus is within your budget and sold exclusively at Bass Pro. There are several models to choose from with great zoom rate in 30 millimeter main tube

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

leostevo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I have narrowed it down to the P223 4x-12x with the BDC reticle or the Oculus 4x-16x with the MilDot reticle.

The Oculus has an adjustable parallax setting and the MilDot reticle could help me range targets using a bit of math. I will be shooting primarily at family property and wont have measured distances. The only concern I have is that the P223 is made by Nikon and their warranty is a little stronger. The Oculus seems to be relatively new and there isn't much buzz on the internet about them. The options with the Oculus seem pretty sweet though. The other concern with the Oculus is the shorter eye relief but I wouldn't think 3.2" would be an issue with a .223 recoil; it may even make mounting easier because I only have a rail on the upper receiver and not on the handgaurd.

Does anyone have personal experience with the Oculus?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No experience but if it's a Bass Pro exclusive then it's made for them by someone else and it will be a lower quality scope jacked up 40% to cover Johnny Morris' overhead.

I took in a BSA 4x16 mildot on trade a couple of years ago. Looking through it looks like the lens need cleaned even though they are clean.

Last edited:

leostevo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ya, I have been digging into other forums and I am not liking what I see about the Oculus. P223 it is. How do I determine which mount I need? High-rise, cantilever? It is going on an optic-ready AR15 upper with a smooth handgaurd.

**Nevermind, Just ordered it.

Last edited:

leostevo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a benefit to one piece or two? I bought the P223 4x-12x scope and the M223 mount. I can't wait to get it out and try it.

Thank you all for your input and guidance! I will post the performance when I get out to shoot it. It will probably be a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two piece is lighter weight. One piece is more solid and more likely to go back to POI if taken off and put back on. Good luck and safe shooting.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom