• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    22lr is a cartridge made by a world, for a world that doesn't really exist anymore. Why the mere mention of it has the same effect on old men as expensive little blue pills, is a medical mystery that I'll never understand. It's no more fun to shoot than air guns, and not much more effective against small game, yet much more expensive. I do keep one, a pistol, to use as a trainer for new shooters, but beyond that, it's useless, in my humble opinion. Just a few years ago, when 22 was plentiful, cheap and cheerful, it made sense, but it's no longer any of those things, and whereas Walmart does have 308, they have no HV 22 on the shelf.
    Sorry for the derail, K.
    Off the soap box for now...

I agree. I remember when the 550 round bulk box Remington had was only $10. Everytime I would go to my grandmas I spent all weekend shooting cans, crows, squirrels etc. Now you might as well take the $50-$80 that they charge for 22lr and just put it do 5.56, 7.62X39, or whatever. Getting close to those prices.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My old 22 pump killed lots of small game back in the day. Plenty of great memories with my old man and cousins in Texas.
    They will get cheap again. I hope.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, here comes a very uninformed opinion.

Seems to me that .22lr can have a very important place in someone's collection. Not just for training but in the extremely unlikely chance that you had to carry a rifle long distances and for a long duration, be it for self defense or small game it seems to me that that caliber would be ideal. You can carry a serious butt load of ammo in your pockets compared to anything else.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, here comes a very uninformed opinion.

Seems to me that .22lr can have a very important place in someone's collection. Not just for training but in the extremely unlikely chance that you had to carry a rifle long distances and for a long duration, be it for self defense or small game it seems to me that that caliber would be ideal. You can carry a serious butt load of ammo in your pockets compared to anything else.

thanks Sean,
    these folks don't even have a clue about the posts i could make about real combat situations.
    and probably they will never have a clue what its all about................:usa2:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    you know what they say about opinions......everybody has one. :rockon:

Combat warrior extraordinaire, or not, I still don't get the 22 thing, but it's all good. Probably a generational thing, which is just fine.
    Rock on!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today :)
    Very pleased so far, the II was a pig. Good looking, but a nose heavy pig.

When you get tired of it, hit me up, I've always wanted one of those. It's just never managed to make it to the top of the list since I rarely shoot my full size one.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm surprised that for the budget minded...a M1 Garand converted to .308 hasn't been brought up...JJ is the man on this subject...

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a chance to run a buddies POF .308 a couple of weeks ago. If I could, I would land one of those in a heartbeat. Cycles like butter, very accurate. Always works.
    It was a 14.5 barrel with their own design brake on it.
    Very impressed

Top Bottom