• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got this metal ammo can, it doesn't open like most I have seen that open on the end. This can opens sideways an this is what is on the side, 105 cal 50 linked A.P.-M2 Any info would be great, Denny in pace

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    M2 .50 Cal Ammo Box. The M2 was primarily used for .50 caliber ammunition. It opened on one side and had a rubber gasket. The closing clamp was secured with a cotter pin or seal.� The need for a pin to secure the clamp was a major failing of this design. The ring on this one is original and is held in a slot in the closing clamp.� Some makers used this style of ring retention but many lacked the slot. Some makers were known to use both styles. The M2 box held 105 rounds of .50 caliber ammunition with a gross weight of 35 pounds. WWII

Last edited:

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks fellows for the info, I also have a wooden small ammo box about the size of the one you described to me. I am pretty sure the wooden one is older, like maybe ww1 era????? I will get the info off the side of the wooden one if yall might know its orgin ??? Denny in pace!! Thanks again

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^ right on Frank = There is way toooo much info on google, if you have the hook-up you really never have to ask a question again - ever - just google - bing and be done. It will show and tell you how to do ANYTHING!

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yea, sorry for the wrong vibe, sure folks love to tell you what they know, like frank said, i didn't realize how easy and how fast it was to know everything, as long as you have the hook-up.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fine, started to bring it by an show it to you, I was coming from Brownsville to pace. Should have showed you the mint nylon apache 66 as well!!! Denny in pace

Latest posts

Top Bottom