• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Help me There is a 700 BDL at WallMart in 270 that says buy me everytime I walk buy it. Do any of you have any more problems with the safty? I know what some will say Keep your finger off the trigger and it won't go off but I have seen to many vids about them going off on the older guns and wonder if they have solved the problem. I had a model 70 that would do the same thing. Had the 3 position safty and if you didn't get it into the fire position and pulled the trigger it would fire when you did take it off. What I mean is if it stopped in the middle position. Also it didnt group worth a hoot. Friend had a BDL that would shoot circles around it. And for the ones thinking the trigger might have been set to light it was where I like all my guns set 3pounds. I most likely won't even get to hunt with it but I like 270 and it is SO pretty Thanks.:help:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have personally seen a Remington 700 fire when the safety was flipped off. The guy's finger was nowhere near the trigger when it happened. That was 3 years ago on a basically brand new rifle. That being said, I am currently building a 700 and have owned a few in the past with no problems whatsoever.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Supposedly they fixed it with the new trigger design. The new trigger is called the x mark. I have had two remingtons & did not really like the new trigger on one but do not mind the second one. I think the shoe is different but it could be the target grade version of the X mark as this is more of a target style gun.

As for have they fixed the problem no one can tell you that for sure. I will say mine has never misfired but I do not pull the trigger before I mean to. LOL

http://www.remington.com/en/pages/xmark-pro-trigger.aspx

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I can say is I have a 700 BDL .25-06 that I bought new in 1971 and it has never fired itself. I had a 700 in .17 Remington for a while and it never fired except when I pulled the trigger. I personally would not hesitate to buy a new or used 700. Our walmart has a new BDL in .30-06 with beautiful wood. If it was in some caliber that I was interested in it would already be mine.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my experience with model 700 remington rifles I have seen it happen a couple times with models prior to the Xmark trigger. Both times the trigger was pulled with the safety "on" and then was switched to fire. Other than a case of " kitchen table gunsmithing where a user adjusted the trigger and attempted to lighten the pull by changing the sear engagement to improper settings. That was just plain user error.... they are generally safe weapons. However, as with any firearm the basic rules apply.

Top Bottom