• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullseye

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Born in So MS, living in So AL. I was raised around guns. Most open doors in the houses I grew up in had a rifle or shotgun leaned in the corner behind it, a few more up on the wall.

First hunting trip was with my Grandpa, 9 or 10 yo, hunting rabbits on a relatives land with his Stevens Savage 940A single shot 28G that he got from his Dad, my Great Grandpa. That gun was given to me after he passed. It will be my son's someday once he decides to settle down.

Good forum here. Hope I can contribute in some way.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome aboard bullseye! Take care of that old Savage, it is great that you plan to keep passing it down the family!
    I've been doing the same with an old double barrel 12ga; it's on the 4th gen now...
    Glad you joined the forum!

bullseye

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome aboard bullseye! Take care of that old Savage, it is great that you plan to keep passing it down the family!
    I've been doing the same with an old double barrel 12ga; it's on the 4th gen now...
    Glad you joined the forum!

Thanks Scrooge, and thanks to everyone else for the welcomes. The old 28G hasnt been shot in at least 10 years, as long as Ive had it. I really need to pull it out and run some shot thru it, just because.

It was made to shoot, and should be fired once in a while just to hit the mark, hear the bang, smell the burning powder and feel it kick in my hands and against my shoulder. Somewhere, my Grandpa would grin knowingly at that moment, having done so himself more than once.

Welcome to our forum! How did you find us?
    I was searching google and searched for "gulf coast gun forums" and there you were.

I really havent done much, gun wise, in the last 20 years or so. Got married, wife didnt care much for guns, still kept one or two around for me, home protection ya know, settled down, raised my kids, kids moved out, divorce, same old story.

Now I have time for things "I" like. Wouldnt ya know it, just about the time I decide to get deeper into guns/shooting, the guns/ammo world goes crazy.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Scrooge, and thanks to everyone else for the welcomes. The old 28G hasnt been shot in at least 10 years, as long as Ive had it. I really need to pull it out and run some shot thru it, just because.

It was made to shoot, and should be fired once in a while just to hit the mark, hear the bang, smell the burning powder and feel it kick in my hands and against my shoulder. Somewhere, my Grandpa would grin knowingly at that moment, having done so himself more than once.

I was searching google and searched for "gulf coast gun forums" and there you were.

I really havent done much, gun wise, in the last 20 years or so. Got married, wife didnt care much for guns, still kept one or two around for me, home protection ya know, settled down, raised my kids, kids moved out, divorce, same old story.

Now I have time for things "I" like. Wouldnt ya know it, just about the time I decide to get deeper into guns/shooting, the guns/ammo world goes crazy.

Glad you were able to find us!

Things are slowly returning to "normal", so hopefully here soon you will be able to get into full swing.

Top Bottom