• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is happening with the mandatory health insurance ? I really can't make much sense of When or if we need to react by ? I really never watch the news or cnn or such, I should be ashamed, but when I do I still don't know what is really going on.
    I think I will be covered by my VA Health Care, but really have to look for Wife and Son as I just pay cash per visit at this time.
    Last time I checked for health insurance, I could not afford it , it was crazy high, so if it is going to be mandatory, it should be affordable, right?
    Any Thoughts and Recomdations on a good company or direction that one might afford and still afford to eat solid food?
    I am sure I am not the only one is this situiation.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Affordable? I don't think that is an option. Your best bet is to spend the money on a healthy lifestyle (diet and excercise). It will be cheaper in the long run to spend an extra $100 a week at the grocery than spending a couple hundred bucks a month on medications.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I can tell you is our situation. My wife retired in November and I am unemployed. Since cost is based on income, we pay about $475 per month for health and dental coverage through Florida Blue. The subsidy makes insurance affordable for us. Without it we would certainly be uninsured. If you make "too much" money your subsidy is lower, or eventually non-existent. I'm being careful about looking for work as it could possibly turn into a situation where it costs more to work than not to work. Seems very odd to me. I want to work, hell I'm only 58, and we honestly need the money, even a part time job would be nice. The Catch-22 is the subsidy situation.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I am waiting for is the link between being a " criminal " for not buying obamacare and ownership of firearms.....

Iwb4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure if he really said it, but good point nonetheless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 120

BeanBry

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like I should quit work and be unemployed or go on disability to get my subsidy.
    I'm tired of taking care of everyone else with my taxes. I waited to get married to have a good career, 9 years of college, paid back my student loans, busted my ass studying and working, take care of my body, don't smoke, rarely drink, exercise religiously. I have a great life, pay a shot load for health insurance for my family with no dental. I don't want to pay for anyone else's house, food, health insurance or anything else they can't afford. Learn to live without or get off your ass.

This space intentionally left blank

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Lot of people on the dole letting the workers pay for them to get everything free...some work ethic there, what is the cost of being a MAN and making a living for your family? Of course now obama and his socialized healthcare and economy, too many are looking for a job.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like I should quit work and be unemployed or go on disability to get my subsidy.
    I'm tired of taking care of everyone else with my taxes. I waited to get married to have a good career, 9 years of college, paid back my student loans, busted my ass studying and working, take care of my body, don't smoke, rarely drink, exercise religiously. I have a great life, pay a shot load for health insurance for my family with no dental. I don't want to pay for anyone else's house, food, health insurance or anything else they can't afford. Learn to live without or get off your ass.

I agree with you. My wife and I both worked hard, she was in the same job for 33+ years and was literally about to have a nervous breakdown if she didn't get out of there. Unfortunately for us her company offered NO pension and NO insurance for retirees. The subsidy helps us a LOT because otherwise we would have no insurance at all. I can't find a half-decent job at my age, and she isn't old enough for Medicaid yet (couple more years). In our case the subsidy helps a lot, but like I said it's a Catch-22. Please don't feel like we're mooching off you. We've paid taxes for shit we don't have all our lives too. No kids, so why should we pay property tax to support schools? I do see your point though. If you think we sat on our ass for the last 40+ years you're wrong.

BeanBry

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see your situation is not how I presumed initially, my apologies. I hope things improve for you and your family.

If I was allowed to keep more of my tax dollars I would rehire the housekeeper and lawn service we used to have, maybe add an addition on to the house.

I can rant forever about healthcare and some ways to improve the cost of health insurance, as well as reduce the cost of healthcare delivery, but I have never agreed with some paying more than others since they can afford it mindset.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No worries. I'd love to be working. I went back to school at age 33 and was able to at least get an A.S. degree, delivering pizza to pay our mortgage and my school costs. Seems like every big place I worked for (NADEP, Sterling Fibers) went down while I was working there.....it must be me! LOL

Honestly I'd love to have a part time or full time job in Milton or Pace, even at $8.00 an hour, just to have some extra money coming in, but we're fine otherwise. Insurance was our big concern and it's really REALLY confusing until you sit down with an agent and see what you can get. There are a lot of choices, so you can be picky. I've been job hunting since June so it doesn't look good, and of course nobody here offers part-time jobs with insurance. Hell I can't even get Mickey D's to call me back.

BeanBry

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get pissy every time around tax time, I work in healthcare and definitely don't want to get sick. Health Insurance sucks and the reimbursement from health insurance to health care workers isn't much better. So who is making all the money from healthcare, your insurance company. Looks at the profits BC/BS makes, ridiculous.

Top Bottom